Sign in to follow this  
discopanda

Are FCRA damages per violation?

Posted (edited)

I know FDCPA violation damages are limited to 1,000.00 even if every paragraph is violated.

I can’t get a straight answer by reading the FCRA if it’s the same way or per violation without proving actual damages?

Also, bonus question, is a CRA still in violation if they report incorrect data from a furnisher? Can a CRA place then blame on the furnisher?

Basically, the CRA says, “we are only reporting what they report to us, if you have a problem, take it up with them.” ME: OK, fine, but I just proved to you why it’s incorrect. CRA: we don’t care

Edited by discopanda

when I received an answer from a CRA like that I sent them a letter saying that unfortunately I have to include the CRA in my lawsuit against the data furnisher unless it is removed.

This is why one should ALWAYS review their STATE laws to see what may be applicable.  Better yet is having STATE laws with teeth and skipping the federal questions since it helps in keeping the matter from being successfully removed to federal court...