Jump to content

hegemony

meet the new large regional bank... same as the old ones (Truist Bank)

Recommended Posts


I once observed two truck stop cashiers around 2:00 a.m. in northern Mississippi try to help each other pronounce "sesquicentennial."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogue said:

What a horrible new name, can't believe they actually paid a consulting firm for this.....

Agree. I thought it was pronounced "tryst" before reading the article. Whoever thought of the name ought to be looking for work.

I am now "looking forward" to my Suntrust credit card and account being renamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst new bank name ever. What is wrong with just keeping the name SunTrust? It's a cool name, easy to remember, has the word "trust" in it, and it has a nice logo.  And they've built up all that name recognition sponsoring the new Atlanta Braves stadium for the past 5 years or so.  The article says they don't even have a logo, typeface, or color scheme for the new name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I do a lot of work with SunTrust. Try dealing with their 3 separate networks right now...it's outrageous. As hegemony posted above, they have pumped the breaks a bit on completing the conversion, and it's going to be a while before they are merged into 1 bank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is a real shame this board does not allow blocking "reactions" from trolls and stalkers. no wonder so many good people have left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this system integration thing will give them time to re-think the name. 

 

I'd go with TRuuST.  Make the "u"s a couple of happy faced characters, swinging hand in hand. 

Their tag line can be, "We pronounce it L-u-u-V!"

 

After the Truist strike out, sappy is the only way to recover ...

Edited by hdporter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hdporter said:

And I thought "I" was a tad on edge lately ...

Insanity, in the truist sense of the word.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hdporter said:

Maybe this system integration thing will give them time to re-think the name. 

 

I'd go with TRuuST.  Make the "u"s a couple of happy faced characters, swinging hand in hand. 

Their tag line can be, "We pronounce it L-u-u-V!"

 

After the Truist strike out, sappy is the only way to recover ...

Wuuuuuv, twue wuuuuuvvv!  (Princess Bride reference)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hegemony said:

Altogether, Didow said he found an average of 61% of consumers surveyed “mistakenly believed that Truliant and Truist were (either) the same financial services company, were affiliated, connected or associated with one another; or they did not know.

 

If they didn't know, then how were they confused about the two entities? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be stationed in the SunTrust footprint.  Most people I knew that banked with them hated them.

 

The best way to fix their name is to just add a simple "h".  TruShiat works well.  (Minus the "a").  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, centex said:

Altogether, Didow said he found an average of 61% of consumers surveyed “mistakenly believed that Truliant and Truist were (either) the same financial services company, were affiliated, connected or associated with one another; or they did not know.

 

If they didn't know, then how were they confused about the two entities? 

 

Clever addition of one additional response category that turned a 10% outcome into 61%!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hegemony said:

I don't think Truliant will win the argument, as there is Citibank and CIT Bank.  You can't get much closer than that.

If they can't use the name Truist, that I think is the stupidest, my vote is for Tryst Bank.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I don't think Truliant will win the argument, as there is Citibank and CIT Bank.  You can't get much closer than that.

If they can't use the name Truist, that I think is the stupidest, my vote is for Tryst Bank.  

Just like there are two Alliant credit unions with similar logos: mine out of Chicago and the other out of Madison, IA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple of BT&T cards.  If and when they transition to the new name I bet merchants will believe they are either a really subprime card or a prepaid despite a Signature or World designation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines