hegemony

meet the new large regional bank... same as the old ones (Truist Bank)

I once observed two truck stop cashiers around 2:00 a.m. in northern Mississippi try to help each other pronounce "sesquicentennial."  

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

What a horrible new name, can't believe they actually paid a consulting firm for this.....

Agree. I thought it was pronounced "tryst" before reading the article. Whoever thought of the name ought to be looking for work.

I am now "looking forward" to my Suntrust credit card and account being renamed.

Worst new bank name ever. What is wrong with just keeping the name SunTrust? It's a cool name, easy to remember, has the word "trust" in it, and it has a nice logo.  And they've built up all that name recognition sponsoring the new Atlanta Braves stadium for the past 5 years or so.  The article says they don't even have a logo, typeface, or color scheme for the new name.

So I do a lot of work with SunTrust. Try dealing with their 3 separate networks right now...it's outrageous. As hegemony posted above, they have pumped the breaks a bit on completing the conversion, and it's going to be a while before they are merged into 1 bank. 

it is a real shame this board does not allow blocking "reactions" from trolls and stalkers. no wonder so many good people have left.

Maybe this system integration thing will give them time to re-think the name. 

I'd go with TRuuST.  Make the "u"s a couple of happy faced characters, swinging hand in hand. 

Their tag line can be, "We pronounce it L-u-u-V!"

After the Truist strike out, sappy is the only way to recover ...

Edited by hdporter

49 minutes ago, hdporter said:

And I thought "I" was a tad on edge lately ...

Insanity, in the truist sense of the word.

2 hours ago, hdporter said:

Maybe this system integration thing will give them time to re-think the name. 

I'd go with TRuuST.  Make the "u"s a couple of happy faced characters, swinging hand in hand. 

Their tag line can be, "We pronounce it L-u-u-V!"

After the Truist strike out, sappy is the only way to recover ...

Wuuuuuv, twue wuuuuuvvv!  (Princess Bride reference)

15 hours ago, hegemony said:

Altogether, Didow said he found an average of 61% of consumers surveyed “mistakenly believed that Truliant and Truist were (either) the same financial services company, were affiliated, connected or associated with one another; or they did not know.

If they didn't know, then how were they confused about the two entities? 

I used to be stationed in the SunTrust footprint.  Most people I knew that banked with them hated them.

The best way to fix their name is to just add a simple "h".  TruShiat works well.  (Minus the "a").  

1 hour ago, centex said:

Altogether, Didow said he found an average of 61% of consumers surveyed “mistakenly believed that Truliant and Truist were (either) the same financial services company, were affiliated, connected or associated with one another; or they did not know.

If they didn't know, then how were they confused about the two entities? 

Clever addition of one additional response category that turned a 10% outcome into 61%!

17 hours ago, hegemony said:

I don't think Truliant will win the argument, as there is Citibank and CIT Bank.  You can't get much closer than that.

If they can't use the name Truist, that I think is the stupidest, my vote is for Tryst Bank.  

2 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

I don't think Truliant will win the argument, as there is Citibank and CIT Bank.  You can't get much closer than that.

If they can't use the name Truist, that I think is the stupidest, my vote is for Tryst Bank.  

Just like there are two Alliant credit unions with similar logos: mine out of Chicago and the other out of Madison, IA. 

I have a couple of BT&T cards.  If and when they transition to the new name I bet merchants will believe they are either a really subprime card or a prepaid despite a Signature or World designation.