hegemony

Marcus slashes pre-screened offers via snail mail...

10 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

They hitched their wagon to Apple and their branded credit card. And they didn't expect bad things to happen?

Um... Are the iSheep already defaulting on their treasured Apple Cards?

Edited by Burgerwars

17 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

Um... Are the iSheep already defaulting on their treasured Apple Cards?

Mine still isn't reporting.  I'm in my second billing cycle now.

2 hours ago, Burdell said:

Mine still isn't reporting.  I'm in my second billing cycle now.

Same here.

I was getting Marcus offers fairly regularly in the past, but now that I think about it I haven't seen one lately.  Just one less thing to shred.

7 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

I was getting Marcus offers fairly regularly in the past, but now that I think about it I haven't seen one lately.  Just one less thing to shred.

I still get their e-mails about personal loans. 

On 10/2/2019 at 7:13 PM, PotO said:

I still get their e-mails about personal loans. 

Marcus email arrived this afternoon.  They're  $18.5k inviting me to apply for an unsecured loan with two repayment options:  72 mo @ 8.49% or 72 mo @ 10.49% (appropriate monthly payment is shown for each option).

I'm serious when I say that there are no other differences in repayment terms (both 0 fee).  Clicking on each respective link brings up a mini-app that restates the selected terms and requests Phone # / SSN / Occupation / Employer / Employer phone and has you establish a login.  "After you submit your application, you will have 25 days to complete the loan process."

Just more than a little bizarre.

I keep getting emails from them and each time I look, in the hopes that they came down to a reasonable interest rate, I find rates that absolutely blow chunks. 

I don't know what they are smoking, but they seem to think they are doing a favor to people by offering rates of 8% and higher.  I'll be a hard pass at anything over 4%..and even 4% would be something that isn't happening unless I was actually desperate for the cash.  Same holds true on American Express, but at least they are under 6% on the most recent offer... 

Several years ago when my credit was in the sewer I received a credit denial letter from Marcus when I never applied for anything. At that time I was canvassing CK for insight but not apping. Nothing ever showed up on my cr and when I called Marcus they said they had no record of me applying.