ruscorp

Synchrony CLI

After being stuck at a $700 line of credit on my PayPal Cashback Mastercard for 18 months, I finally got an increase via the luv button. This card was my lowest limit. I had typed in $5000 knowing a counter offer was possible and received an offer of $2100. Better then zero.

What I'm confused about is the 7-10 letter that arrived today. The reason confuses me: "Amount requested too high in relation to your previous credit line". No other reasons listed. I've never had any Synchrony cards outside of being an authorized user on my ex-wife's Walmart card so I can't think of anything else this adverse reason might mean. Any ideas?

I'd call Sync, but they outsource their "underwriters" and they seem to read from a script.

With Sync, if you are using the luv button you are doing it WRONG.

And now you want to call them ... for clarification of an AA letter?

Let's see ... how t make this easily understood ...

God invented reading; then

God invented telephones; then

God invented third grade where people learn how to put these two concepts into use ...

... and lay off the freaking luv button.  The Sync luv button is sooooo Neanderthal.  Normal people call credit solutions and shoot for the moon, and often walk away with it in hand.  Rinse & repeat every several weeks or so.  

Well I was batting 0 and 7 calling them for 18 months, so I figured what the heck. The answer was always no. Was actually surprised to see it work. (Had to take TU off ice before it would work oddly enough)

When you call them they are always all business and there never appears to be any negotiating. The computer says yes or no and it is what it is.

However I'll take your advice and call in three months.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, ruscorp said:

Well I was batting 0 and 7 calling them for 18 months, so I figured what the heck. The answer was always no. Was actually surprised to see it work. (Had to take TU off ice before it would work oddly enough)

When you call them they are always all business and there never appears to be any negotiating. The computer says yes or no and it is what it is.

However I'll take your advice and call in three months.

Yours is the first case where I've heard that calling Credit Solutions had worse results than trying online.  Not saying you are wrong, mind you.  It's just strange.

When you do call you have to have TU unfrozen.  And it's important to call Credit Solutions, not the normal customer service number.  Believe it or not, I'm a bit shy when it comes to asking for $$ so it took me three months to go from $10k to $35k on my first two Sync cards.  Then I manned-up and followed Hegemony's advice and on the third card called and went straight for the kill.  Took me about 5 minutes to get to $35k.

From what I remember, Sync is mostly score-driven for CLIs.  I haven't checked in a long time, but there may be data points on Credit Pulls.  

Unless you have junk on your reports that you are cleaning off, I wouldn't wait three months.  If Mendy were here, he'd suggest you wait no more than three weeks.  😂

Edited by PotO

I call the number from the running back door thread here. 877-379-8175

I started high trying to match my highest credit limit $5.5k and then worked my way down every call. I always ask if there is a counter offer and the answer is always no. My final call was April 2019, I only asked for $1k, again the answer was no. I guess on the bright side I've gotten seven free TU reports. I decided if they would no raise me higher than $700 I would just close it and take a hit but I lucked out.

And no, my TU has not been on ice the whole time. Only since May 1, 2019. If it's on ice they will tell in the adverse action letter to unfreeze.

Yes, they appear to be score driven. I had two baddies recently drop off before I hit the button that were included in bankruptcy. The bankruptcy itself is the only baddie that remains until 2022. Though according to my current FICO it doesn't appear to have actually increased my score at all.

30 minutes ago, ruscorp said:

I call the number from the running back door thread here. 877-379-8175

I started high trying to match my highest credit limit $5.5k and then worked my way down every call. I always ask if there is a counter offer and the answer is always no. My final call was April 2019, I only asked for $1k, again the answer was no. I guess on the bright side I've gotten seven free TU reports. I decided if they would no raise me higher than $700 I would just close it and take a hit but I lucked out.

And no, my TU has not been on ice the whole time. Only since May 1, 2019. If it's on ice they will tell in the adverse action letter to unfreeze.

Yes, they appear to be score driven. I had two baddies recently drop off before I hit the button that were included in bankruptcy. The bankruptcy itself is the only baddie that remains until 2022. Though according to my current FICO it doesn't appear to have actually increased my score at all.

I have aways used (866) 519-6441.  I have it in my phone book as Credit Solutions.  The number you used is also in my phonebook, but I have it labeled "Senior Underwriter".  Probably same thing.

Once you get your score increasing, Sync should be good.  If you can get them to $25k (I heard that now to get $35k they want POI), that would be a nice prybar to get others to also loosen up.

Is there a way to get the BK deleted?

23 minutes ago, PotO said:

I have aways used (866) 519-6441.  I have it in my phone book as Credit Solutions.  The number you used is also in my phonebook, but I have it labeled "Senior Underwriter".  Probably same thing.

Once you get your score increasing, Sync should be good.  If you can get them to $25k (I heard that now to get $35k they want POI), that would be a nice prybar to get others to also loosen up.

Is there a way to get the BK deleted?

For another datapoint, I tried the Credit Solutions number before (over a year ago probably) and they flat out denied me for anything.  I tried the luv button and was bumped up $2K.  It's measly, but as the OP said it's better than nothing.  

I may try again on my Amazon card and see if they give me any love from the number now that my scores are higher and I have few decent size limit cards.

I stopped calling the Synchrony back door number after multiple FOADs on my three cards.  Total exposure is $70k.

13 hours ago, tmkats said:

For another datapoint, I tried the Credit Solutions number before (over a year ago probably) and they flat out denied me for anything.  I tried the luv button and was bumped up $2K.  It's measly, but as the OP said it's better than nothing.  

I may try again on my Amazon card and see if they give me any love from the number now that my scores are higher and I have few decent size limit cards.

I haven't had the need to call them in over two -- maybe three -- years.  It was back in the Tophie Epoca and he / she / it was claiming something like a $50k PayPal MasterCard.  Everybody else was only getting $35k, with one or two being required to provide POI for amounts over $25k.

I had three Sync products so went in to get $35k on each without POI.  Very shortly after that people were getting shot down by a $100k max exposure policy.  

I have my doubts about the $100k max exposure.  I recently opened a JCP* card at $10k so that puts me over $100k.   

* And THAT, too, is Hege's fault!!!  Always pushing me to be nice to the wife and to apply for more credit.  Enough already, dammit.  😂