Sign in to follow this  
nooneimportant

US Bank, Wells Fargo, or Capital One for decent starting limit?

I want to apply for a card with a longer 0% purchase promo rate but want a decent starting limit.  I am currently considering US Bank Platinum with 20 months at 0%, Wells Fargo Platinum with 18 months, or Capital One SavorOne with 15 months (this seems better than the Quicksilver simply because the rewards could actually be useful later).  I currently have $40k between personal and business cards with US Bank, never had anything Wells Fargo, and a $10k Capital One card that used to be HSBC and seems to be considered a red headed step child.  I didn't see much recent experience in the CP database.

OP- The approval of the Capital One Venture card may be very large in terms of initial limits. The Savor card may be $10K-$20K, but it may also be $30K. I received a Capital One Venture Reward Card with an initial limit of $30K. Wells Fargo Bank and USB have knowingly issued a low limit card. If the FICO score of all three official bureaus exceeds 720, please select Capital One, please note that you do not mind doing three HP on EX, EQ, and TU.

Your former HSBC Cap One card may be broken inside the bucket, however, it will not affect your application for Cap One's premium card. Good luck!

Thanks MP80!  I just applied for the Savor One and was approved for $30k.    This is more than sufficient for my needs.  My Experian app updated this morning with an 811 FICO 8.  It dropped to 808 after the inquiry. 

16 hours ago, nooneimportant said:

Thanks MP80!  I just applied for the Savor One and was approved for $30k.    This is more than sufficient for my needs.  My Experian app updated this morning with an 811 FICO 8.  It dropped to 808 after the inquiry. 

Congratulations on your approval of one of the qualities of Capital One's credit card. Surprisingly, Savor One was awarded under this high starting point limit. I think Savor and Venture will reach the initial limit of $30K, but in any case, this is an advanced card and of course,  you have a super good reputation on your credit reports and will not make anyone shocked and surprised. But to the surprise of some of us is that the Savor One is at the top of this line of credit in the initial starting limit. Yay!

MP$80