Sign in to follow this  
greendude

M$ - Plastiq promo 1% fees on MC

Plastiq has a promo going on with 1% fees on payments put on MC cards. 

Caveats - Has to be a new recipient and capped at $10k.

Terms must be targeted.  I got a different offer.

With no cap I would have scheduled three additional mortgage principal payments of $16,666.67 on the Aviator Silver to immediately pick up 3,000 AA EQDs and 10,000 EQMs and 50,000 redeemable miles for $500 OOP.

My offer doesn't have the "new payee restrictions" in the terms, either.

Dear Friend,

Don’t miss out on our latest offer for Mastercard card holders!

Schedule a single recurring payment series with a minimum of three payments (up to $2,000 each) with your Mastercard credit card and benefit from a 1.0% Plastiq fee - up to a $90 value. This offer is good for one recurring payment series.

Keep in mind:

1. Three (or more) payments need to be scheduled as a single recurring payment series. If you schedule three separate payments, the promotion rate will not apply to any of the payments.
  2. Only the first three payments in a series are eligible for a 1.0 % Plastiq fee.
  3. The last payment in a series needs to be processed by August 31, 2019.
  4. Submit your scheduled payments by May 31, 2019 to qualify for this exclusive offer.
  5. Promotion can only be redeemed once per account and it is non-transferable

I could do 2 x $1,704 to the mortgage principal on the horrific Arrival+, which would bring my balance up to 10,000 fake miles that no airline accepts.

This would allow me to get some value on the otherwise-orphaned/useless 3,184 points by doing one final travel redemption against this AA GC purchase that resulted from a careless rewards maximization miscalculation on my part. 

iluwiGt.png

I really have nothing that I can pay against unless I wanted to prepay my wife's car lease for over a year.  Not worth the effort as I would be losing 2.2% of interest on the funds in my savings account to earn a net of 1%, nor is the bother worth it to earn a few $$.

9 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I could do 2 x $1,704 to the mortgage principal on the horrific Arrival+, which would bring my balance up to 10,000 fake miles that no airline accepts.

This would allow me to get some value on the otherwise-orphaned/useless 3,184 points by doing one final travel redemption against this AA GC purchase that resulted from a careless rewards maximization miscalculation on my part. 

iluwiGt.png

You could open a Citi AAdvantage MC for 65k SUB + 1 mile/$ on "all other purchases."

$6k spend yields 71k AA miles for $60 OOP. It morphs into a turd after 12 months (second year AF is not waived), so $159 OOP if you don't flush promptly.

Not eligible under the 1/24 rule? If you were to resell some of those ill-gotten Pringles on eBay instead of passing them out to seatmates, that would qualify you for the CitiBusiness version.

1 hour ago, Occam said:

You could open a Citi AAdvantage MC for 65k SUB + 1 mile/$ on "all other purchases."

$6k spend yields 71k AA miles for $60 OOP. It morphs into a turd after 12 months (second year AF is not waived), so $159 OOP if you don't flush promptly.

Not eligible under the 1/24 rule? If you were to resell some of those ill-gotten Pringles on eBay instead of passing them out to seatmates, that would qualify you for the CitiBusiness version.

We are sitting on more than 1.2 million AA miles with no intended use anywhere on the horizon.  I was intrigued by the EQD and EQM potential,  but $6k doesn't go very far.

The only two real choices for me are the Arrival+ for the benefits outlined, or the Quicksilver to net 0.5%, which isn't worth the trouble.

Getting a new card in my possession by 5/31 is also questionable with the long weekend coming up.  

Where are you seeing the promos listed on the site?

I'm having zero luck finding it on any of the main pages (so perhaps I'm simply ineligible).

On 5/29/2019 at 2:41 PM, CTSoxFan said:

They were targeted email offers.

Indeed.  Found shortly after posting the other day (in my spam folder).

Got this today.  Thinking of putting 3 * $10,000 toward the mortgage on the Aviator.

NOTE that this isn't limited to MasterCards, although I don't think you can pay a mortgage payment with Amex.  

We hope you enjoy using Plastiq! To make it even better, for this month only, submit up to three payments ($10,000 or less each) and benefit from a 1.5% Plastiq fee.

Here’s how it works:

• Select a recipient/vendor you would like to pay
  • Enter a payment amount up to a maximum of $10,000
  • Submit a payment using your preferred credit card
  • On the payment review page, make sure your payment is scheduled to be processed before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019Note: How do you check processing date? See this article for instructions and screenshots.
  • You can submit up to 3 one-time payments like this before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019

Use your favorite credit card to pay a wide variety of bills - from rent and car payments to utilities and business expenses.

Terms and Conditions:

• Promotion is available only to direct recipients of this email notifying them of their eligibility and cannot be combined with other Plastiq promotions or fee free dollars (FFDs). This promotion is non-transferable. Promotion can be applied on up to three payments per account.
  • Payments must be made with a credit card associated with this eligible member’s account and must not exceed $10,000 per transaction. Eligible customers can submit immediate payments or schedule payments to be processed before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019. The Plastiq 1.5% fee will automatically be applied when the payment is processed.
  • Editing, altering, canceling or rescheduling payments with this promotion applied will forfeit the service fee rate of 1.5%. This promotion does not apply to any scheduled payments submitted before 12:01 AM EST on June 10, 2019.
  • Plastiq reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion at any time.

The ones that morph into a turd are, in some ways, superior to the ones that may be tenable.

I saw this but still have no bills that are large enough to make it worth the effort.  I mean I could pay 3x car lease payments but even then it is only around $2,000, and then I would have to take the cash out of my savings account to pay for it losing the 2.2% interest I am earning on the funds.  I hope these come around next year when I will have a mortgage to pay.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines