Sign in to follow this  
KingHeart

Safe to order checks????

Is “Checks in the mail” a safe company to order checks from? Someone 5 years back said they were not affiliated with Chexsystem or EWS. Can anyone confirm this? 

Never heard of them, but whether they are affiliated with Chex or EWS has no bearing on whether you would be able to open an account.  In order to place an order for checks, you would need to have an account somewhere so that you had an account number and routing number for them to print your new checks with...

I have multi accounts that not my issue. I don’t want to order checks from a company affiliated with those companies. I was told it could get my account closed. Not sure if that still true.

Looking online, it appears they are associated with Harland, which is one of the biggest check printers out there.  Had no desire to dig deeper into corporate profiles. 

If an issue with Chex or EWR was going to get your account closed, it would already have happened.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, KingHeart said:

I have multi accounts that not my issue. I don’t want to order checks from a company affiliated with those companies. I was told it could get my account closed. Not sure if that still true.

Just order them from your bank directly.

14 hours ago, KingHeart said:

It’s more expensive 

How many checks do you ACTUALLY write?  You may do better to just have your bank print out a couple sheets of temp checks every year.  Any decent bank should have no problem doing that as a courtesy. 

Seriously.

I believe it has now been four years since I had to write a check for something.  Everything else is an online payment that either comes from the account or is placed on a card for rewards purposes...

Yes 90% of my bills are done electronically. You’re right I may not even need checks, considering this account is not even my primary or secondary checking account(s). However The bank is not local which explains my need for checks in case I need all the funds in that account at once. 

Posted (edited)

I've ordered numerous times in the past from them with no issues. Much cheaper than ordering directly from the bank. Deluxe is who you want to avoid.

Although I transact with debit and Google Pay, there are those ocassions where you still need a paper check. 

Was on the road and had a car emergency. The small neighborhood shop would only take a check, as their card processor was broken. The guy made me show 3 forms of ID and made me put my fingerprint on the check. Lol

Edited by tmcgill

TMC, them being ”Checks in the mail”? Lol I had a similar situation 10 years ago while on a road trip, we got a flat and the tire shop only took checks. A little repair shop in Tennessee. 

I love it yall!!!  I still keep an order of checks lol.  I use Vistaprint for checks. It worked out well, especially when a big sale comes.