AmEx Plat Authorized User

The last post in this topic was posted 883 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My wife was has an AmEx Platinum and i wanted to be added as an authorized user but I currently owe them ~$1400 and ~$4000 on two previous cards.

I saw that it says certain folks cannot be added as authorized users (and i fall in that category) and I was wondering if I should try and settle balances (received offers between 30-60% of balanced) or just PIF and take it from there.

I ran into a rough patch, but finally getting past issues back in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the small balances at issue, you may wish to pursue the Optima avenue...you won't get a discount on the balance but you WILL be back in their good graces.  You clearly believe you will derive a benefit from the Platinum card or you would not be seeking to be added.  While the program is basically an invite-only, the invite will inevitably come after you have called and made inquiry about getting back into their good graces...

3 hours ago, centex said:

Given the small balances at issue, you may wish to pursue the Optima avenue...you won't get a discount on the balance but you WILL be back in their good graces.  You clearly believe you will derive a benefit from the Platinum card or you would not be seeking to be added.  While the program is basically an invite-only, the invite will inevitably come after you have called and made inquiry about getting back into their good graces...

I have not called. I know I will begin traveling more frequently without her and lounge access is a big plus traveling overseas. 

I have not called and made an inquiry, but I plan to pay the smaller balance in the next 30 days and the larger one by summers end.

2 hours ago, CTAmigo said:

I have not called. I know I will begin traveling more frequently without her and lounge access is a big plus traveling overseas. 

I have not called and made an inquiry, but I plan to pay the smaller balance in the next 30 days and the larger one by summers end.

+1 on the Oasis route. There was a thread here recently where a member had posted a contact number for that department.  Might want to see what they can do for you, if you really want an AmEx card.

You can always wait it out and hope you fall off the BL as well...

Oasis is what I meant to type...not sure why I had Optima on my mind. 

But the point remains...it is the quickest way back in, especially if you were already going to pay them.  May as well get some quid for the pro quo.

15 hours ago, centex said:

Oasis is what I meant to type...not sure why I had Optima on my mind. 

But the point remains...it is the quickest way back in, especially if you were already going to pay them.  May as well get some quid for the pro quo.

Because you are issued an Optima card in the Oasis program...

1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

Because you are issued an Optima card in the Oasis program...

Maybe that was it...although I still think of Optima as having been one of the first credit products AXP offered.  I had one of those back in the late 80's or early 90's.  Did not keep it for very long though...

Nowadays, I hear Optima most frequently with commercials for one of those 'tax relief' outfits LOL!

The last post in this topic was posted 883 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.