direct

Barclays reopened account that was closed for inactivity

I received an alert from Equifax this morning that one of my Barclays Visa cards was closed due to inactivity.  I immediately sent this email to Barclays:

I just received an email alert from Equifax that my Priceline rewards Visa card was closed. I did not receive any notification from Barclays indicating this account would be closed for inactivity. Please reopen as this closure could be detrimental to my credit score as it affects my available credit and average age of accounts. I will be happy to use the card.
Thank you.

Received a message back that they reopened the account and the card will be available for use within 24 hours.  Unlike the issuer of my Macy's card that closed my oldest reporting trade-in...I am very pleased at Barclays decision and quick action.

I received an alert from Equifax this morning that one of my Barclays Visa cards was closed due to inactivity.  I immediately sent this email to Barclays:

I just received an email alert from Equifax that my Priceline rewards Visa card was closed. I did not receive any notification from Barclays indicating this account would be closed for inactivity. Please reopen as this closure could be detrimental to my credit score as it affects my available credit and average age of accounts. I will be happy to use the card.
Thank you.

Received a message back that they reopened the account and the card will be available for use within 24 hours.  Unlike the issuer of my Macy's card that closed my oldest reporting trade-in...I am very pleased at Barclays decision and quick action.

Closed but reporting older account didn’t lower my FICO scores when a very old account was closed.

7 hours ago, direct said:

Received a message back that they reopened the account and the card will be available for use within 24 hours.

Thanks for the DP!   :good:

This is your persuasiveness, causing them to fold back and reopened.

Use it or lose it. Remember, just buying a pencil once in a while, and immediately paying it off, is usually enough to keep an account active.

7 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

Use it or lose it. Remember, just buying a pencil once in a while, and immediately paying it off, is usually enough to keep an account active.

Definitely.

It isn't rocket science.