Sign in to follow this  
brando4256

Old Original Creditor with recent Last Reported Date - Texas Resident

I am a Texas resident and  have 3 accounts that are past the SOL but the OC is still showing a Past Due balance and reporting it every month. All three OCs have not sold the debt off and are still the OCs. Because of this I think it is hurting my scores a lot more than other old debts that haven't reported anything in the past few years. 

Accounts are with NFCU Credit Card, Conns Credit Installment Loan, and SYNCB/SMRTCN (Synchrony Bank/PayPal). 

What should I do? Should I dispute and if so what tactic and letters should I use since these are OCs and not CAs? They are past the Texas SOL

I have disputed these is the past with basic dispute letters but nothing has been removed just verified. 

13 minutes ago, hegemony said:

SOL is merely a defense in the event you get sued.

Yes, thank you I am aware. The reason for my emphasis was to point out how old they are, well over 4yrs, and that I can dispute them without fear of being sued. 

Do you have any suggestions?

You reference 'basic dispute letters' which suggests that you did not use the Texas method. 

Generic crap begets generic crap.  Be specific and use the tools that Texas law provides...however, be aware that if it is the OC reporting, they will have everything they need and they don't have to have a bond in place as would a third party entity...

On 5/10/2019 at 10:07 AM, centex said:

You reference 'basic dispute letters' which suggests that you did not use the Texas method. 

Generic crap begets generic crap.  Be specific and use the tools that Texas law provides...however, be aware that if it is the OC reporting, they will have everything they need and they don't have to have a bond in place as would a third party entity...

Your totally correct, need to be specific and not just blanket generic disputes. Wish I had known that years ago before I did it! 

In these specific instances, Yes these are OC reporting Charged Off accounts that were not sold or transferred. Would you then follow the strategy for Texas DVs that has been discussed on the boards? Is there a link to a specific approach I should try?