Sign in to follow this  
8ball

CapitalOne Quicksilver

November 2019 will be 2 years since my BK was discharged. I got a CapitalOne Platinum card immediately after discharge with a $3,000 limit. (It's now at $3,500, never have asked for an increase).

I apped BOA and Discover a couple of Months ago and was declined even though they weren't IIB and I had been a long time customer. 

I currently have the Platinum card and a Kohls card that survived the BK. I'm an authorized user on 2 of my wife's cards.

CapitalOne asked for current income a couple of weeks ago, around $150,000, and today I got a pre-approved offer for the Quicksilver. No annual fee but it says you can get "Access to a higher credit line after your first 5 months on time payments." I'm assuming this means it's another bucketed card.

I assume I need a third card but I don't really need the credit lines for anything so am I better off waiting and trying Discover again at the 2 year mark?

Experian Fico 8- 684, Fico 9- 710

Fako scores all in the 740 range.

1 inquires showing on the bureaus. 

Thanks

I had a business bankruptcy, with assets, and ended up burning Chase, Wells Fargo, US Bank and American Express.

BOA and Discover both turned me done (even though Discover said I was pre-qualified).

I was going to wait for the 2 year mark for my credit union so I'm not sure who else I would apply to. 

I have enough credit with the wife's cards that I don't want to just throw apps out there.

10 hours ago, hegemony said:

when I was post BK my highest approvals and best cards were from CUs.

Did you wait a certain amount of time after discharge? 

4 hours ago, 8ball said:

Did you wait a certain amount of time after discharge? 

24 months seems to be an important threshold. do some research on CUs and oddball issuers as some might want more post BK age. good luck!

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

24 months seems to be an important threshold. do some research on CUs and oddball issuers as some might want more post BK age. good luck!

Thank you!