Sign in to follow this  
Mido

First Time Home-buyer. NEED GUIDANCE!!

I truly need advice for my first mortgage and which way should I go or if I should wait to fix things (below)

Here are the details:

1.    As of April 2019 FICO Credit Scores NOT Mortgage Score:

- TU 641, EX 648, EQ 625 (Myself).

- TU 689, EX 691, EQ 702 (SO).

2. Credit Negatives: 

ONLY One (1) account on all reports considered negative which is a history of late payments on my Auto Loan (last 30 day late was March 2016 (over 3 yrs. ago).

3. Gross Income.  $73,000 self & $20,000 my SO for part-time job = Total $93,000

4. Source of income.

• Full-time Employment – 73000 ME.
  • Part-Time Employment – 20,000 SO.

5. Monthly debt payments

• Financed Vehicle Payment $465 with 7 months left to be paid off.
  • 2 NFCU maxed credit cards ($600 a month) one is mine and the other is my SO. Both CC has never been late but utilization is pretty high %90 (Pretty F/cked).
  • 1 Discover CC (Monthly Payment $50).
  • 3 AU on CC (Sears, and NFCU)

i)     Sears (31 years old account and utilization in 20%) I don’t personally make a payment on it.

ii)    NFCU (2 years old account and Payment is $60/mo).

iii)   Target (1-year-old account and payment is $30/mo).

Should I ask to be removed from ALL AU cc?? Or it will hurt my Score.

6. Employment (No Gap in employment for the last 10yrs either for me or my SO). 

• Type of employment: Full-time employment with a Government Agency for 4 years and my SO Part-Time private sector. I’m not LEO, Firefighter, or a teacher because I heard they have a special program for them.

7. Assets/Reserves. This is to determine how much I could potentially have as a down payment and also as reserves to help me qualify.

As of April 2019

• $29,500 (My 401k & 457) my balance increases roughly $550 a month because of my contribution and my employer contribution as well.
  • $18,000 (My Pensions account.)
  • $2,900 (My Checking account).

8. Location:  This is to determine any Gov guaranteed loan limits, what special programs might be available, how much property taxes & homeowners insurance will likely be, amongst other items.
 - Riverside, CA.

9. Property Description: 

• Single family home (Self, SO, and 2 kids)

10. Property Value
The Property we’re interested in $390K

So what you think? Should I give it a shot or work on DTI and Scores? Should I consider NFCU mortgage loans? I believe my DTI as of now is between 35%-40%

I heard about NACA program and FHA! Which one I go with OR should I go with NFCU for my first mortgage since they are my only bank. NFCU also have something called HomeBuyers Choice Loan along with their FHA. So which one should I consider in case I got qualified?

Forgot to mention my AMEX optima card on my credit reports.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Wait. You should have more non-retirement savings cash on hand for an general emergency fund, unexpected home repairs, and not to mention unexpected closing costs/expenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NACA requires 1 month of reserves in cash.  You don't have that.

FHA requires 3.5% down.  You don't have that either.

NFCU HomeBuyer's Choice might be an option.  Looks like you could have $0 in the bank and qualify.

Buying a house with less than 1 month of living expenses in cash is a really, really bad idea.

NACA requires 1 month of reserves in cash.  You don't have that.

FHA requires 3.5% down.  You don't have that either.

NFCU HomeBuyer's Choice might be an option.  Looks like you could have $0 in the bank and qualify.

Buying a house with less than 1 month of living expenses in cash is a really, really bad idea.
I Forgot to mention I have $15k for down payment also my SO have $3000 in her own checking account. The one above is my own checking account.

So you think the FHA option would be better? I read yesterday about CalHFA and it seems pretty affordable if it's true.

Wait. You should have more non-retirement savings cash on hand for an general emergency fund, unexpected home repairs, and not to mention unexpected closing costs/expenses.

I do, just forgot to mention it. Down payment $15K and my SO own checking account $3K.

See post #4.

You don’t have enough of savings yet. With 2 kids, it’s a must to be able to plan for life ahead