augusto84074

Discover CLI

Hello to all. I have read the comments on CLI's but I still have a question on the Discover CLI. So, I just applied yesterday and got an approval for $1000.00. I need advice on what to say if I decide to call the recon line or if like most of the comments I have read say. Should I just wait for the 3 months and make sure I pay everything off by then. Then call and ask for the CLI? Thanks to all.

Congrats on the Discover approval. Discover will not increase your initial starting line. When it comes time to request, this can be done online... no need to call. Request your first increase after your 3rd statement has closed. If denied, ask again after the 4th statement. Once you get your first CLI, ask again after 91 days. Technically, you can request an increase at any time, but in my experience (and others) the best results seem to be at 91 days between increases.

Thank you. That makes sense. I meant pay off whatever small balance I have with them. Or is it better to carry a very small balance for utilization? My current utilization is at about 2%. Thank you.