credit_help

College Grads Sell Stakes in Themselves to Wall Street

To pay for college, Amy Wroblewski sold a piece of her future. Every month, for eight-and-a-half years, she must turn over a set percentage of her salary to investors. Today, about a year after graduation, Wroblewski makes $50,000 a year as a higher education recruiter in Winchester, Va. So the cut comes to $279 a month, less than her car payment.

If the 23-year-old becomes a star in her field, she could pay twice as much. If she loses her job, she won’t have to pay anything, and investors will be out of luck until she finds work.

I wonder if these are still considered student loans? If not, what credit accounts are they?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-09/college-grads-sell-stakes-in-themselves-to-wall-street

from what I've seen the liability is not considered part of your DTI which may be a huge advantage for people versus having a SL reporting.

from what I've seen the liability is not considered part of your DTI which may be a huge advantage for people versus having a SL reporting.

Thanks Hegemony. Do they get reported as student loan on credit reports but lenders don’t consider the amount in calculating debt?

May be I should consider getting this loan over student or personal loan if I decide to get an MS in data science?
Does not look like Berkeley does this type of “credit/loans”:
https://datascience.berkeley.edu/ .I may be able to get personal loan at 4.99% if I don’t qualify for a student loan.

my understanding is they are not reported to the CRAs since they are not loans or credit.