Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

SYNCHB is chasing me down

37 minutes ago, hegemony said:

it's just business. synch could shut me down and it'd be its loss not mine.

That's because you have firing neurons and a ballsack.  DP can't afford those because they nerfed his Care Credit.  

43 minutes ago, discopanda said:

PotO, you jackhole. I’ve already said I understand why they did what they did.

It still doesn’t mean I like it.

While I appreciated being a SynchWhore for a while, I have plenty of other limits with other creditors that are more than I would ever be able justify the use of. 

I’m happy that you enjoy getting on your knees and servicing them. I hope they buy you some McDonalds or at least toss you a wet wipe after you stand up.

That’s what truly makes me proud, how you take it with a smile on your face like a true champion.

There are more folks than myself that agree that they suck. 

Sure, there are more than just you.  Neanderthals had a tight-knit community.  

Remember to ask Barclays and AmEx for CLIs so you can keep plenty of tissues and ballsack thread in stock.  Bet you go through a lot.  

Seriously, it's fun watching you cry.  Makes us miss Tophie.  

42 minutes ago, PotO said:

Sure, there are more than just you.  Neanderthals had a tight-knit community.  

Remember to ask Barclays and AmEx for CLIs so you can keep plenty of tissues and ballsack thread in stock.  Bet you go through a lot.  

Seriously, it's fun watching you cry.  Makes us miss Tophie.  

I had no idea you had such Synchrony Daddy issues. This thread has obviously touched on some type of deep rooted psychological trauma inside of you.

Do you have this much PTSD for everything in your life or just for taking Synch buttsex like a champ?

Edited by discopanda
PotO likes Synch truckstop handjobs

Both of you guys knock it off with the personal attacks.  Disco I don't know if you know better, but you do now. PotO you sure as hell do. 

6 hours ago, TheVig said:

You think LendingTree would actually touch this guy with even the sh!tty end of the stick?  When they turn him down cold, hopefully he won't come to CB and whine about it. 

6 hours ago, TheVig said:

Mr. Big:  Isn't it appears to a former neighbor of yours?   Hehe... High and tight eh.  :lol:

8 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Both of you guys knock it off with the personal attacks.  Disco I don't know if you know better, but you do now. PotO you sure as hell do. 

I do know better and I didn’t take it personal at all and I hope PotO didn’t either, he is kind of funny. 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:43 AM, discopanda said:

They ended up CLD’ing the one last decent limit card that I had with them this month. Syncs Home from 7,500 to balance of 1,200. 

The letter I received notifying me of it was using my score from February 21st, which was still impacted by the CA that no longer exists.

I logged in, viewed my FICO score that had updated on the 4th of May and it was over 100 points higher than the score the decision was made upon.

Apparently, while your score updates monthly, their internal review must be every three to six months.

I understand their reasoning but it just really ticks me off. I have two cards with 0% promos running that I left open. I have closed the rest and will be closing the others as soon as I pay off the promotional purchases.

I needed to simplify my credit profile anyways, this just accelerated it for me. Aside from the promotions, the cards really suck anyways. 

Regardless of that, they lost a good client but I’m just a small drop in a big bucket for them.

Lesson learned.

So, PotO..

I called Synchrony today. The ‭(877) 379-8175‬ number. Talked to a guy on the phone and I explained what deal was. I told him that the CLD letter that I received just this month listed reasons and a score from TU dated back in Feburary. He acted like he didn’t really care about any of that really. But he kept asking if I wanted to apply for a CLI. I replied of course but if your not looking at current data then it’s not worth my time. He said that he can see what it is at this time. And he said OK, what do you want me to work for and I did exactly what you said and replied 25K.

He put me on hold for 5 and came back asking for a number to send a code to. They texted a code to my phone, I read it back and he put me on hold again and said that they would not do 25K on the card credit but put it back at 15 where it was. I said, fair enough and he asked, is there anything else I can help you with and I said “well, I do have one other account that was CLD and it’s still open” he asked for the account number and I read it off and he came back and asked what I wanted and I said.. 25K. I was on hold maybe a minute and he came back and said I have you approved for 18K. Wtf? That card was an account that was only 3500 that they chased down to the balance, just last week. Why not give me 18K on both? I will let it soak and call them back next month after it reports.

Anyways, as much as I hate to stroke your already inflated sadistic EGO :), you were right. 

I feel rather pissed at myself for closing those other accounts now. 🤦🏻‍♂️

37 minutes ago, discopanda said:

You should complete the search study before closing your account. I really feel your emotions after they think they can reduce the risk of adjusting their accounts.

However, kudos to you catapulting back by not kowtow to SYNCH.

3 hours ago, discopanda said:

So, PotO..

I called Synchrony today. The ‭(877) 379-8175‬ number. Talked to a guy on the phone and I explained what deal was. I told him that the CLD letter that I received just this month listed reasons and a score from TU dated back in Feburary. He acted like he didn’t really care about any of that really. But he kept asking if I wanted to apply for a CLI. I replied of course but if your not looking at current data then it’s not worth my time. He said that he can see what it is at this time. And he said OK, what do you want me to work for and I did exactly what you said and replied 25K.

He put me on hold for 5 and came back asking for a number to send a code to. They texted a code to my phone, I read it back and he put me on hold again and said that they would not do 25K on the card credit but put it back at 15 where it was. I said, fair enough and he asked, is there anything else I can help you with and I said “well, I do have one other account that was CLD and it’s still open” he asked for the account number and I read it off and he came back and asked what I wanted and I said.. 25K. I was on hold maybe a minute and he came back and said I have you approved for 18K. Wtf? That card was an account that was only 3500 that they chased down to the balance, just last week. Why not give me 18K on both? I will let it soak and call them back next month after it reports.

Anyways, as much as I hate to stroke your already inflated sadistic EGO :), you were right. 

DiscoPanda, despite the title that Mom so lovingly gave me, I'm only looking out for your best interests.  

I understand about getting angry at Synchrony.  I understand blowing off steam.  I understand feeling abused.  I understand the desire to show them who is boss.  We've all been there, done that and have the kewpie doll.  

In this case I simply didn't see Sync trying to use and abuse you.  I didn't see them maliciously trying to destroy your life.  And I don't think stepping back to think things through before taking retaliatory action is called kowtowing.  It's called being reasonable and prudent.  It's called doing what is in your best interests.

I don't know about you, but for most everybody else, there's nothing wrong with having an extra $100,000 in available credit slushing around in the background.  I mean, WTF actually needs $25k or $35k on a stupid PayPal MasterCard, an Amazon store card or, heaven forbid, a JCPenney card?  But it's nice to see it sitting there marinating on your credit reports.  It's nice to see you have bullet-proof utilization.  And it sure the fook is nice knowing that higher limits beget higher limits.  And that's exactly what Synchrony does for you.  Ok, well, there is that cool Marvel MasterCard. 

It's not called kowtow.  It's called stepping back for a minute to reevaluate and then turning Synchrony over and you actually F them ITA.  It feels good, and it's actually good for your credit.  

You've recovered on one card and actually made a profit on another.  See how easy that was?  Not sure about your other accounts ... will they let you reopen?  You'd probably make a profit on those, too.  

Once you clear income and DTI, Sync is TU score driven for CLIs.  All you need to do is call the nice guy with a funny accent and ask for $25k.  Actually, if you don't mind POI, $35k is max on each of their cards, I think.  I've already got three at $35k plus their JCP card and I'm probably at max exposure with Sync.  

Now don't you think $115k goes a long way to helping you get over the initial hurt?  It sure would me.  I see the benefits.  I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.  All you need is income, DTI and score.  If you haven't the score now, you will have it soon enough.  

Sorry if this has been covered already, but what income range and DTI is ideal for being able to ask for these types of limits?

1 hour ago, misterq said:

Sorry if this has been covered already, but what income range and DTI is ideal for being able to ask for these types of limits?

1) more is better

2) less is more

If we could nominate threads to a "Hall of Fame" here, this would be my top selection!  There's a bit of drama on this board now and then, but this one takes the cake where it comes to an ultimate constructive finish.  Kudos to the active participants.

The thread also stands as an exemplar of good moderation (kudos CT).  Despite some truly cringe-worthy content, the mods here know how to deploy a very effective light touch.

I was compelled to lasso DW (Bev) into a read; I've never seen a comparable group when it comes to "getting into it" without going over the top.