discopanda

SYNCHB is chasing me down

So after my little tussle with a CA for the last 3 months, SYNCHB started balance chasing me. They cut my 20k CareCredit to 1500, BP card from 5,500 to 250 and Walmart from 8500 to 250.

Never a late/missed payment. No 30/60/90 days, no judgements. Just that one crap stain that knocked my FICO down almost 100 points caused this. 

Its removed from the CRA’s now. Do I wait till they AR next month and try for a CLI again when my score bounces back, even though this will have a slight impact to my utilization or do I dump SYNCHB for being a-holes?

No one else did this. AMEX, Barclays, NFCU, DCU and Penfed all remained the same.

Suffice it to say that sucks.  (At least Synchrony was the only one to "knee jerk" your CL's.)

I suggest calling and speaking with a credit analyst/manager, explain the erroneous CO, and seeing what they suggest can be done to reinstate you across the board (not sure if you can do all with a single conversation, but I suggest starting with your longest held account).

Personally, I might wait 3 mo to let the dust settle (this might offer them some assurance that the CA isn't going to crawl back out of the woodwork with another hit to your CR ... yeah, I know, reinsertions aren't supposed to happen, but it's Synchrony's perception that I'm concerned with).

I personally wouldn't dump Synchrony over this; but I wouldn't fault you if decide to just walk from their mess.

Wait for others to chime in with their take, and report back on how you make out.

I agree with hdporter.

Look at it this way, you get to have all that 'Sync CLI fun' all over again! ;)

14 minutes ago, hegemony said:

balance chasing? so you're carrying a balance on synch cards?

I routinely carry a 0% balance on my Care Credit.  If it's not the dentist running up a tab, it's my vet!

Posted (edited)

Thanks all!

It does suck. Especially when I’ve been been Johnny on the spot with them.

I called CareCredit customer service, explained it and the rep on the line could give two craps about what the deal was and he would only perform a run of the mill CLI request and of course it was denied.

Around the 2 to the 5th of every month, for me anyways, they do an AR. I would typically wait 5 or 6 days after that and bang the CLI button for some love, it always worked. It took a lot of banging to get it. :) Their last AR still has the collection from April 3rd. I know it’s always a soft pull but I think it’s a review of their last AR.

I wish they would reconcile and actually look at situations but they don’t. It’s 1000% automated and having them override that is next to impossible. Unless any of you know some other route?

I don’t want to end the relationship with them and I appreciate their generosity with CL’s but this really opened my eyes to just how picky they are. I don’t know if I really want them as part of my profile if they are going to react this way for something that was not a direct impact to them. I fully understand about universal default, while this was not technically what it was it still seems a bit harsh.

Matter of fact, I’m rather butt hurt over it to be honest.

No Hedge, It is all 12 mos 0% deferred promos except the BP card, it only has gas, snacks, non corn syrup beer and etc. from a road trip during spring break last month. It will be PIF’d by the 23rd.

Edited by discopanda

15 hours ago, Kat58 said:

I agree with hdporter.

Look at it this way, you get to have all that 'Sync CLI fun' all over again! ;)

Yeah ask for 25,000 for 3 months and get 500 till one day you get 7,500. I’m seriously thinking about telling them to kiss off and be done with them.

12 hours ago, discopanda said:

I called CareCredit customer service, explained it and the rep on the line could give two craps about what the deal was and he would only perform a run of the mill CLI request and of course it was denied.

I wish they would reconcile and actually look at situations but they don’t. It’s 1000% automated and having them override that is next to impossible. Unless any of you know some other route?

I don’t want to end the relationship with them and I appreciate their generosity with CL’s but this really opened my eyes to just how picky they are. I don’t know if I really want them as part of my profile if they are going to react this way for something that was not a direct impact to them.

Well, I hate being dicked around by a creditor, and this experience certainly qualifies that description.  So I wouldn't fault you if you chose to cut bait and run.

I would have hoped it had been possible to escalate the call to a credit manager.  My brain's a bit fuzzy about my experience when I opened my Care Credit from my vet's office, but I'm pretty sure I recall asking for a higher CL than the approval and being transferred to a credit manager who nudged me up another 60%.  Of course, that was 4 years ago, and we know how quickly procedures change.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone with more recent experience "negotiating" with Synchrony can offer you pointers.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hdporter said:

Well, I hate being dicked around by a creditor, and this experience certainly qualifies that description.  So I wouldn't fault you if you chose to cut bait and run.

I would have hoped it had been possible to escalate the call to a credit manager.  My brain's a bit fuzzy about my experience when I opened my Care Credit from my vet's office, but I'm pretty sure I recall asking for a higher CL than the approval and being transferred to a credit manager who nudged me up another 60%.  Of course, that was 4 years ago, and we know how quickly procedures change.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone with more recent experience "negotiating" with Synchrony can offer you pointers.

From what I’ve read, discussing things like CL, etc. at the time of opening when they have you captive is way different than when they make a automated decision. For example, when they extend credit at Lowe’s inside the store. I know people who have 15,20,25K Lowe’s cards opened in store.

Apparently, in my situation,when a decision like this is made, there is no discussing it. 

One beam of hope is I had the email this AM from Barclays saying my credit score had changed and it was up 90 points from last month which is FICO from TU.  Maybe after SYNCB does their AR next month I can hit the love button and at least get them in the direction of where they need to be. They consider all 3 but typically AR TU for me.

That is if I don’t cancel them all before month end.

Edited by discopanda

On 4/11/2019 at 9:34 AM, discopanda said:

One beam of hope is I had the email this AM from Barclays saying my credit score had changed and it was up 90 points from last month which is FICO from TU.  Maybe after SYNCB does their AR next month I can hit the love button and at least get them in the direction of where they need to be. They consider all 3 but typically AR TU for me.

Any news? :)

On 4/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, discopanda said:

Thanks all!

It does suck. Especially when I’ve been been Johnny on the spot with them.

Around the 2 to the 5th of every month, for me anyways, they do an AR. I would typically wait 5 or 6 days after that and bang the CLI button for some love, it always worked. It took a lot of banging to get it. :) Their last AR still has the collection from April 3rd. I know it’s always a soft pull but I think it’s a review of their last AR.

I don’t want to end the relationship with them and I appreciate their generosity with CL’s but this really opened my eyes to just how picky they are. I don’t know if I really want them as part of my profile if they are going to react this way for something that was not a direct impact to them. I fully understand about universal default, while this was not technically what it was it still seems a bit harsh.

Matter of fact, I’m rather butt hurt over it to be honest.

No Hedge, It is all 12 mos 0% deferred promos except the BP card, it only has gas, snacks, non corn syrup beer and etc. from a road trip during spring break last month. It will be PIF’d by the 23rd.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, snacks...

Interesting.

My take on this is that amongst Sync, AmEx, Barclays, NFCU, DCU & PenFed, the only fiscally prudent lender in the lot is Sync.  Seriously, the others should have their head examined as to why they didn't take AA.  

8 hours ago, PotO said:

Interesting.

My take on this is that amongst Sync, AmEx, Barclays, NFCU, DCU & PenFed, the only fiscally prudent lender in the lot is Sync.  Seriously, the others should have their head examined as to why they didn't take AA.  

So, even with the huge numbers of stories posted here over the years of people who wound up with a stray CA on their credit report for reasons that had nothing to do with financial hardship, you advocate knee-jerk credit policies.

smh.  Just maybe all the other issues took notice of the CA, saw no other evidence of financial strain (reduced payments, increased balances, etc.) and adopted a reasonable wait-and-see stance.

1 hour ago, hdporter said:

smh.  Just maybe all the other issues took notice of the CA, saw no other evidence of financial strain (reduced payments, increased balances, etc.) and adopted a reasonable wait-and-see stance.

+2

I concur to this logic determination, i.e. 
may have a tendency of the logical fallacies outcome.

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

So, even with the huge numbers of stories posted here over the years of people who wound up with a stray CA on their credit report for reasons that had nothing to do with financial hardship, you advocate knee-jerk credit policies.

Does it hurt when you think?

A sniper takes a shot at you, and some idiot like you will just wait for the second or third shot to make sure it's serious and he's really after you.  

No lender is obligated to wait for "other evidence" to fall into place after seeing the first piece of evidence and taking preemptive action.  Then there's the pesky little issue that everybody here with 1/2 a brain cell knows Sync is highly score driven on their credit limits.  

You need to market your ESP skills.  

They ended up CLD’ing the one last decent limit card that I had with them this month. Syncs Home from 7,500 to balance of 1,200. 

The letter I received notifying me of it was using my score from February 21st, which was still impacted by the CA that no longer exists.

I logged in, viewed my FICO score that had updated on the 4th of May and it was over 100 points higher than the score the decision was made upon.

Apparently, while your score updates monthly, their internal review must be every three to six months.

I understand their reasoning but it just really ticks me off. I have two cards with 0% promos running that I left open. I have closed the rest and will be closing the others as soon as I pay off the promotional purchases.

I needed to simplify my credit profile anyways, this just accelerated it for me. Aside from the promotions, the cards really suck anyways. 

Regardless of that, they lost a good client but I’m just a small drop in a big bucket for them.

Lesson learned.

25 minutes ago, discopanda said:

They ended up CLD’ing the one last decent limit card that I had with them this month. Syncs Home from 7,500 to balance of 1,200. 

The letter I received notifying me of it was using my score from February 21st, which was still impacted by the CA that no longer exists.

I logged in, viewed my FICO score that had updated on the 4th of May and it was over 100 points higher than the score the decision was made upon.

Apparently, while your score updates monthly, their internal review must be every three to six months.

I understand their reasoning but it just really ticks me off. I have two cards with 0% promos running that I left open. I have closed the rest and will be closing the others as soon as I pay off the promotional purchases.

I needed to simplify my credit profile anyways, this just accelerated it for me. Aside from the promotions, the cards really suck anyways. 

Regardless of that, they lost a good client but I’m just a small drop in a big bucket for them.

Lesson learned.

Put a bandaid on your butt and get over it.  After a couple of billing cycles when that infamous soft inquiry has disappeared from their systems, get the cards back up to where they were.

And WTF are you even requesting online CLIs?  Is your time worth so little?  Everybody here knows that Sync is highly score driven when it comes to CLIs. Everybody also knows that the way to get decent CLIs is by calling Credit Solutions and telling them, "Give me 25 grand."  

Seriously, if you have no derogatories, a year or two of experience with Sync and a score around 750ish and you aren't close to having $100k with Sync (I think maximum exposure is around $110k), you should hate what you see in the mirror every morning.  

Posted (edited)

I did get over it.

I canceled all of them but two. They too will be gone by this summer.

Just like you, they can pull about 9” of vacuum on my junk and call it a day.

Edited by discopanda

23 minutes ago, discopanda said:

I did get over it.

I canceled all of them but two. They too will be gone by this summer.

Nice to see being a whiny little b!tch works for you.  

27 minutes ago, discopanda said:

Does that mean what I think it means? :lol:

26 minutes ago, PotO said:

Nice to see being a whiny little b!tch works for you.  

Well, they pissed me off. I reserve the right to whine if I want to.

I’m not going to bow down to a creditor that crapped all over me for something that was not even within my control.

23 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

Does that mean what I think it means? :lol:

Haha! It’s like art, open for interpretation. 😉

1 hour ago, discopanda said:

Well, they pissed me off. I reserve the right to whine if I want to.

I’m not going to bow down to a creditor that crapped all over me for something that was not even within my control.

Oh, did those bad boys at Synchrony step on your itty bitty little ego?  Shame on them.  Have mommy call and talk to their parents.

Yeah, coming here to rant and rave for a little while is to be expected, but after that people here sew their ballsack back on and start looking at things rationally.  Maybe it wasn't your fault that CA stained your credit reports.  Maybe it was.  It certainly wasn't Synchrony's.  The fact is Sync saw the derogatory tradeline and took swift, fully-appropriate evasive action.  

Everybody here knows that Synchrony is highly score driven.  After a few billing cycles they will have that score decrease out of their system and you can call Credit Solutions and get everything back and much more.  People here -- myself included -- have gone from $5k to $25k on each Synchrony account within 60 days of account opening with just one phone call.  

But your itty bitty ego can't handle that.  Being the whiny little b!tch and firing Synchrony completely makes you feel like a man.   Others, though, feel more like men by getting things off their chest and then letting everything slide.  They go back in and get Synchrony to give them $100k and then laugh their butts off when other creditors see that and then loosen the chains to let them break out of all their other toy limits.  

But you like toy limits.  Makes you proud.  

Posted (edited)

PotO, you jackhole. I’ve already said I understand why they did what they did.

It still doesn’t mean I like it.

While I appreciated being a SynchWhore for a while, I have plenty of other limits with other creditors that are more than I would ever be able justify the use of. 

I’m happy that you enjoy getting on your knees and servicing them. I hope they buy you some McDonalds or at least toss you a wet wipe after you stand up.

That’s what truly makes me proud, how you take it with a smile on your face like a true champion.

There are more folks than myself that agree that they suck. 

Edited by discopanda
PotO could pull a bowling ball through a garden hose.