Hello, does anyone know if there is a site where I can submit my information and it can be sent to multiple companies and I can compare rates?  I have been with Geico for a while, but they creep my monthly rates up every 6 months, it was 70 when I started now its up to 91 per month.

I did get one quote from progressive via entering my information online, but it was ridiculous.  Not sure why?

I have had 3 accidents (totaled cars within the past year).  I know.  Only 1 was my fault.  My geico didn't jump up any more than it usually does every 6 months, but maybe potential new companies are holding this against me?  So I guess in that case, I may be stuck with geico and them adding 5 or so bucks per month, every 6 months?

Any advice is appreciated.

12 hours ago, rfan2013 said:

Hello, does anyone know if there is a site where I can submit my information and it can be sent to multiple companies and I can compare rates?  I have been with Geico for a while, but they creep my monthly rates up every 6 months, it was 70 when I started now its up to 91 per month.

I did get one quote from progressive via entering my information online, but it was ridiculous.  Not sure why?

I have had 3 accidents (totaled cars within the past year).  I know.  Only 1 was my fault.  My geico didn't jump up any more than it usually does every 6 months, but maybe potential new companies are holding this against me?  So I guess in that case, I may be stuck with geico and them adding 5 or so bucks per month, every 6 months?

Any advice is appreciated.

As with organ transplants, price isn't the most important attribute of an insurance policy.  

last time I shopped around I could get less coverage from a company with terrible reviews and ratings. but when it comes to liability insurance of any kind, I don't pick the lowest bidder.

There was a commercial recently for a company that claimed to take your info and compare it with various insurance companies.  However, I don't know if they got all of the local-type carriers that can exist through an independent agent.  I vaguely recall it as something like zebra, but I wasn't paying enough attention. 

Three accidents is a deal killer for good rates unless you could show they all had occurred while you were at a dead stop or that someone crossed a median and hit you.  Otherwise, there is a presumption that you were not doing a real good job of being a defensive driver. 

Other variables will include the type of vehicle(s) you are seeking to insure and the number of miles you are driving annually.  From there, you can also tailor the coverage to what you need,  For example, I don't keep collision on most of mine but I DO put comprehensive on all of them.  Deductibles vary based on elements specific to my vehicles...for example, I keep a larger deductible on the Grand Marquis than what I have on a couple of the Jags.  I also split coverages between a few companies, with the ones getting more use being with a common carrier while two of the cars are with a specialty carrier. 

The last time I tried to shop insurance rates online, I ended up getting enough calls to my cellphone that it sunk my battery like the Titanic.    I use a reputable company, and said never again, plus I should have listened to my spouse who was employed in the insurance business for years.