Sign in to follow this  
Sparty23

Starting HIPAA Process

Sounds good, I'll get the medical DVs out today and wait for proof of receipt.

Looking ahead to the follow up disputes to the CRAs... I don't have a EX report number to reference in the paragraph below since the account wasnt reporting at the beginning of the process. How should I handle that?

I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx on my report # xxxxx.
I have disputed this unknown medical account with the reporting Collection Agent,( copy enclosed with proof of their receipt),as per your instructions in your response of xx/xx/xxxx to my dispute of xx/xx/xxxx and have had no valid response.

36 minutes ago, Sparty23 said:

Sounds good, I'll get the medical DVs out today and wait for proof of receipt.

Looking ahead to the follow up disputes to the CRAs... I don't have a EX report number to reference in the paragraph below since the account wasnt reporting at the beginning of the process. How should I handle that?

Do you have an account # for Ex from the report that DOES show this account??

I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx on my report # xxxxx.
I have disputed this unknown medical account with the reporting Collection Agent,( copy enclosed with proof of their receipt),as per your instructions in your response of xx/xx/xxxx to my dispute of xx/xx/xxxx and have had no valid response.

1 hour ago, Why Chat said:

Yes, I have the account number from my TU report. Just dont have a report #, or either of the dates.

3 hours ago, Sparty23 said:

Yes, I have the account number from my TU report. Just dont have a report #, or either of the dates.

OK,let's start over.

You got an Ex report that now shows an account that was reporting on TU that was disputed with TU.

Does THAT Ex report have a report # ??

No, I've only seen the account on the EX backdoor. I dont have a physical copy of an EX report that shows the account.

Posted (edited)

OK,  If you saw it on the back door did you keep a hard copy?? Are you SURE there was no report # on it?? Use your "old" report # and Include a copy of THAT report with your follow up dispute with the subject account circled in red and add this to your follow up dispute;

I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx on my report # xxxxx as shown on attached copy with account circled

Edited by Why Chat

Ok, so I will..

1) print the back door page and circle the account in red

2) include a copy of the "old" report (that does not show the account) and the back door page with the follow up dispute

3) include the new verbiage in the follow up dispute, referencing the collection account #, and the "old" EX report number

Sound right?

Not quite. Everything is OK EXCEPT including a COPY of the "old" report. Just use that "old" report # but do NOT include a copy of it. The ONLY copy you need to include is the "back door" page with the account circled.

One last question.. there is a report number showing on the back door page. Should I use that, or the "old" report number as discussed before?

Use the report # from the "back door page" and eliminate the copy of the "back door report" as well as the reference to the circled account. Since you have a report # for the report that shows the account you are disputing you do not need to take any extra steps.

Ok sounds good. Am I OK to send a goodwill letter for a non-medical collection, or should I wait until the HIPAA process is complete?

4 hours ago, Sparty23 said:

Ok sounds good. Am I OK to send a goodwill letter for a non-medical collection, or should I wait until the HIPAA process is complete?

Are you talking about sending a "good will letter" to an OC ( original creditor)?? If so, it would not interfere with your current medical account disputes. A "good will" letter is, IMO only useful if you ONLY have a current active OC reporting a "late". If the account is NOT active and is being reported ONLY by the OC in default for more than 6 Months then a "good will letter" would be counterproductive as it would activate any CA they have turned it over to.

No, this is a CA reporting a paid utility bill. I paid the OC about 6 months ago and I was sending goodwill letters to the CA before I started the HIPAA process.

2 hours ago, Sparty23 said:

No, this is a CA reporting a paid utility bill. I paid the OC about 6 months ago and I was sending goodwill letters to the CA before I started the HIPAA process.

You sent goodwill letters to the OC utility Co with no response?? Check your State's utility regulator website and see if there is a consumer complaint department. If so, send a "bad will" letter to the OC stating that if they do not correct the credit reporting they will be reported to your State's utility commission.

Hey WhyChat,

I sent my medical DVs to the CA on 5/30, scheduled to be delivered 6/1. When I go to the tracking page, I see it arrived at the post office in the city the CA is located on the morning of 6/1, however the tracking hasnt been updated since. It still just says 'In Transit'.

Think I should go to the post office and see if they can track it down?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sparty23 said:

Hey WhyChat,

I sent my medical DVs to the CA on 5/30, scheduled to be delivered 6/1. When I go to the tracking page, I see it arrived at the post office in the city the CA is located on the morning of 6/1, however the tracking hasnt been updated since. It still just says 'In Transit'.

Think I should go to the post office and see if they can track it down?

If the mailing address is a PO box then it has arrived. (I assume you sent it priority mail WITHOUT a signature requirement)

You can NOW send the follow up disputes to the CRAs

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

Edited by Why Chat

Ok, it is indeed a PO box and I sent it priority mail with proof of delivery only.

So do I print the page and include it with the follow up disputes, even though it still shows 'in transit' rather than 'delivered'?

2 hours ago, Sparty23 said:

Ok, it is indeed a PO box and I sent it priority mail with proof of delivery only.

So do I print the page and include it with the follow up disputes, even though it still shows 'in transit' rather than 'delivered'?

Yes

Update:

- Sent medical DVs to the CA 5/30, should have been delivered 6/1 although I never got confirmation.

- Sent follow up disputes to the CRAs 6/5, both were delivered 6/7.

So far I havent received anything from the CA. Today I received a letter from EQ dated 6/13 saying that "the information you disputed has been verified as accurate".

Not sure what my next step is, or if maybe I need to wait longer? Thanks!

If this medical account is ONLY reporting to Eq and has been deleted from ( or was never reporting to) the other CRAs then wait another 2 weeks, check your Eq report (back door) and if it is still there let us know if it is showing "customer disputes" on the account and we will give you further instructions.

Sorry, I should have clarified, the account is also showing on EX, who I havent heard from after sending the follow up disputes.

In the letter from EQ, it does show they updated the 'additional information' section of the tradeline to read "consumer disputes this account information. Collection account."

Did you send the follow up dispute to Ex?? ( I assume you sent the CA the medical DV for Ex as well as Eq)

Yes I sent the follow up dispute to EQ and EX, and sent a medical DV for both bureaus in the same envelope to the CA.

In the last 2 hours, I got two emails from EX. One saying my dispute has been opened, and the second one saying my dispute is completed. I didnt click to view results.