I am about to start the HIPAA process and have a couple questions.  So far I have only opted out. 

Can I use reports from MyFico? I've already requested reports from annualcreditreport.com in the last 12 months and I don't have them anymore, but I do have reports from MyFico.

Also, I disputed these collections about 2 years ago before I knew about this process and the dispute comments are still showing, do I need to have those comments deleted first?

Thanks for any help

NO, you can NOT use reports from MyFico or any other 3rd party reporting/monitoring service.

NO, you should not try to have anything "deleted" from your reports prior to using the HIPAA letter program.

Get your up to date reports. It MAY cost you a few $ to get them (without scores it is about $10.) but it is worth it.

If you have been turned down for credit you can call each CRA and ask for a free credit report to be mailed to you.

Make sure you KEEP your REAL credit reports for at least 3 years each time you get them.

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Once you have your REAL credit reports you can send each CRA the initial dispute letter;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

List ALL medical accounts as they appear on the report you are disputing

On 4/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, Why Chat said:

NO, you can NOT use reports from MyFico or any other 3rd party reporting/monitoring service.

NO, you should not try to have anything "deleted" from your reports prior to using the HIPAA letter program.

Get your up to date reports. It MAY cost you a few $ to get them (without scores it is about $10.) but it is worth it.

If you have been turned down for credit you can call each CRA and ask for a free credit report to be mailed to you.

Make sure you KEEP your REAL credit reports for at least 3 years each time you get them.

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Once you have your REAL credit reports you can send each CRA the initial dispute letter;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

List ALL medical accounts as they appear on the report you are disputing

Why Chat, 

I ordered my reports from all 3 bureaus and followed the instructions in the guidebook for deleting old addresses.  All 3 were received by the bureaus on 4/19/19.  I havent received any responses or seen any addresses deleted via backdoor.  How long should I wait before sending the initial dispute letters?

Thanks for your help

Update: I checked the backdoor and it looks like most of the obsolete info has been deleted, so I'm getting ready to send the initial dispute letters.  Just to verify, I need to include the tracking number at the top of the dispute form, correct?

I just got an e-mail from Experian saying "your disputes are now open." I'm not sure why because I never agreed to email delivery. Possibly because I had an account with them from when I used their Creditworks Basic free trial.  Is this ok, or should I opt out again?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Sparty23 said:

I just got an e-mail from Experian saying "your disputes are now open." I'm not sure why because I never agreed to email delivery. Possibly because I had an account with them from when I used their Creditworks Basic free trial.  Is this ok, or should I opt out again?

Thanks

Don't worry this is normal procedure when they have your e-mail account. They MIGHT try to get you to go on line to get your results, if so DO NOT click on the link. Opting out again would only be necessary if you DO go on line to check your results.

Ok, I did check to see if the addresses had been deleted so I will opt out again. I need to include the tracking number at the top of the initial dispute form, correct?

Thanks again

3 hours ago, Sparty23 said:

Ok, I did check to see if the addresses had been deleted so I will opt out again. I need to include the tracking number at the top of the initial dispute form, correct?

Thanks again

Yes, the instructions for sending mail are in the initial guide;

PRIORITY MAIL INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to send priority mail letters:
Go to the PO and get a dozen flat rate priority mail envelopes (6X10 is the easiest to use)
You can either buy them prepaid with the postage ( $7.35) or buy the priority mail stamps separately.
Get a stack (they come in a book) of FREE USPS tracking forms.
Whenever you send a letter, affix your copy of each receipt to the hard copy of the letter you have sent.
You will, of course, be entering that PM tracking # in the heading of each letter.

WhyChat,

I sent the initial dispute letters and all 3 were delivered on 5/2. Today I got an email from Ex saying that my disputes were open. I checked the backdoor and one account is gone, 2 are showing Under Dispute, and there is one new collection that was previously only reporting to Transunion.  How should I handle the new account? Thanks

Send the initial dispute letter to the additional CRAs AFTER they have cleared off your original disputes. Otherwise your disputes will be merged and delayed.

Just to double check.. I just got an email from Experian saying my results are ready. I did not click the link to view results, so I should automatically get the results via snail mail? I already had an account with Experian prior to starting the process so wasnt sure if/how that would effect things.

See if you can access your results via the "back door".

Go to the Ex website from a different computer (unless you have been able to clear all your cookies from that site), click on file a new dispute ( don't worry about giving your e-mail address as you will NOT be actually filing a new dispute) This will bring up your current report. Make sure you opt out again when you are done as using the "back door" opts you back in.

I tried on another computer, but after I enter my info (name,address,ssn,email,etc) and hit submit, it gives me an error and prompts me to login. I didnt login, because I think itll take me right to the results page if I do.

4 hours ago, Sparty23 said:

I tried on another computer, but after I enter my info (name,address,ssn,email,etc) and hit submit, it gives me an error and prompts me to login. I didnt login, because I think itll take me right to the results page if I do.

OK, I guess they are tightening things up. Go ahead and click for results. Worse comes to worse you can always keep on sending your disputes snail mail and getting your results via the website. Make sure you opt out again after getting your results.

I'm somewhat confused by that last email from Experian now.  I logged in and the only results listed are the old addresses, phone numbers, and name variations dated 4/27.  I already received a hard copy new credit report dated 4/28 that reflected those changes. Not sure why they would email me 16 days later 🤷‍♂️

Either way the medical accounts are still showing Under Dispute, and I opted back out. Thanks for your help as always

You were likely looking at your "old" report, not an updated one. Try the back door method again and when prompted log in.

Hey WhyChat,

Quick recap of where I'm at..

1) Opted Out

2) Deleted old addresses

3) Sent initial dispute letters to CRAs 4/30

4) All 3 dispute letters received by CRAs 5/2

So far, using the backdoor I've seen that Experian deleted one account and is now reporting an account for $15 that was previously only reporting to TU. The only thing I've received from any CRA in the mail was from Experian explaining how the dispute process works.

Today I got a letter from the CA reporting the $15 account saying "our office has received your letter of dispute and request for verification..." along with some type of account information from someone.. not on any type of letterhead so I'm not sure where the information is from.

Where do I go from here.. keep waiting to hear from the CRAs? I assume I should do nothing with this CA verification?

Thanks!

Update: 

I got an update from myfico and all accounts have been deleted except for the $15 account mentioned above.

This account wasn't included in my initial dispute letter to EX because it wasn't reporting at that time. Do I need to send EX another initial dispute letter for this account, or go ahead with the medical DV and follow up disputes?

Thanks again, my EQ shot up 68 points after the initial dispute letter!

Go ahead with the medical DV to this CA and the follow up letter to Ex . Considering the amount of the collection and the weird response from the CA it would be better to resolve this with a strong DV to the CA.( it WAS deleted from TU??)

OK, so you send 2 Medical DVs ( in the same envelope) to this CA. One for Ex and one for TU. That way you can use a copy of the same proof of receipt when you send each CRA their follow up dispute.

I'm not sure what to use for the opening sentence of the medical DV since I did get a response from the CA after the initial dispute. Do I just leave the first sentence out and start with "This is not a refusal to pay.."?

Also, I'm including 2 copies of identical letters?  I dont have any mention of the CRAs in the letter.

Thanks again

Ignore the "response" from the CA and do not change a word in the medical DV.

You will be sending 2 almost identical DV letters to the CA, one for each CRA.

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

"This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent fraudulent verification of an unknown medical account on my (name of CRA) report"