Sign in to follow this  
pronto

Additional PenFed approvals odds?

I became a customer with PenFed last year and now have checking, savings, one credit card and one consolidation loan. I'm interested in getting one more credit card from them as I try to consolidate banking. However, my score currently took a dip (because of taking on more debt from family member in hardship). There's nothing bad on my report, just high utilization. What do you think the odds of approval are for another PenFed card? Do they value loyalty over score?

IME best bet is to wait for penfed pre-screened offer, assuming you're opted in

Which PenFed card do you want, and how is it better than all of the other cards that are out there?

4 hours ago, wingwalker said:

A question, heg, Is being opted in necessary to receive PenFed's preapprovals? Thanks!

I am pretty sure it is; but others should chime in

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Which PenFed card do you want, and how is it better than all of the other cards that are out there?

I'm interested in their Power Cash Rewards card. I'm not a category spender and my spending has subsided, so I currently want a no-AF card with cash back across the board. 2% on everything is appealing.

9 hours ago, pronto said:

I'm interested in their Power Cash Rewards card. I'm not a category spender and my spending has subsided, so I currently want a no-AF card with cash back across the board. 2% on everything is appealing.

A new Chase Freedom card will pay 3% back on the first $20,000 the first year, and the Discovery IT Fake Milez card will pay 3% back for all spending the first year.  Alliant does 3% for a year as well.

PenFed will limit you to $50k in limits, whether you have one of their cards or four, plus it's good to diversify.   Here are some other 2%/no AF cards, if you decide to settle for that:  

On 4/5/2019 at 8:40 PM, hegemony said:

I am pretty sure it is; but others should chime in

Thanks!