Sign in to follow this  
Hanshi

Where to go from here?

Current scores

EX-721

EQ-727

TU-706

I have another year before a CH7 falls off but was able to to get it off of EQ

My only CA is Portfolio Recovery for less than 700.00 im thinking of paying it since they are doing PFD esp if I can get at a discount. 

My current cards are 

NFCU 6000.00

DISCOVER 9500.00

BBVA 6900

Cap One Quicksilver 1 1500.00

Kohls 1000.00

Merrick 1200.00

The Cap One is my oldest card however they keep turning me down for Cli's. 

I need to get rid of the Merrick.

Thoughts and advice appreciated. 

In the 9year old CH7, I also had 2 AMEX in it and not sure if they are being forgiving these days?

If you are BL by Amex you'll get an automatic denial.  No risk in trying -- if they have a card that matches your needs.

Im trying boost my scores as they haven't moved in quite some time. I pay off every month but use the 2 dollar trick.  Besides the last CA any advice?

With an active chargeoff reporting, you won't see much movement from the current levels, and that holds true regardless of whether the CO is updating monthly.  This may change once you have made substantial progress on the auto loan balance, but don't count on more than a few points...

If the Merrick is charging an annual fee (err, the monthly fee), then yeah, it isn't worth the cost, to say nothing of the nuisance of having to keep up with a four or five dollar monthly payment.  If it has no fee, then it isn't hurting to keep it there until the other accounts which are actually harming you are gone.  In the interim, the only thing it hurts is being a toy card.

You should see if the store cards will give a bump on CL

On 4/5/2019 at 12:41 PM, centex said:

With an active chargeoff reporting, you won't see much movement from the current levels, and that holds true regardless of whether the CO is updating monthly.  This may change once you have made substantial progress on the auto loan balance, but don't count on more than a few points...

If the Merrick is charging an annual fee (err, the monthly fee), then yeah, it isn't worth the cost, to say nothing of the nuisance of having to keep up with a four or five dollar monthly payment.  If it has no fee, then it isn't hurting to keep it there until the other accounts which are actually harming you are gone.  In the interim, the only thing it hurts is being a toy card.

You should see if the store cards will give a bump on CL

LOl you are right about the Merrick 3 bucks a month it is a pain. I just kept the card as I needed one until I was able to get some more cards. 

The Kohls card I need to use it a couple of times and then I will ask for a CLI.

The Charge Off hasn't updated in 5 years on a largest amount. They never sent me to Collections either. I'm waiting  one more year for it to hit the SOL and then I need to figure out what to do? Might be better to just let it time off?

I have 4 real credit cards currently not including the Merrick. Would getting others help?

My auto loan is paid down about 20%

Is the collection account related to an account that was included in your bankruptcy or doe an account that you didn't pay after your bankruptcy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 4/5/2019 at 3:18 PM, Hanshi said:

Im trying boost my scores as they haven't moved in quite some time. I pay off every month but use the 2 dollar trick.  Besides the last CA any advice?

These scores, if FICO, aren't bad by any means.  If you have 4 years of clean history (no new delinquencies), you likely are eligible for most standard "prime" credit cards.

I recommend trying the waters with Citi Double Cash. 

when my BK was still reporting my highest FICO was 728 IIRC. Don't forget the impact of segmentation on scoring.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:37 AM, srloring13 said:

Is the collection account related to an account that was included in your bankruptcy or doe an account that you didn't pay after your bankruptcy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The CA is a legit I don't owe. I have disputed with PRA multiple times etc and got nowhere. Since they do the PFD I just bit the bullet and got something in writing so that should be off soon. 

Thanks

23 hours ago, hdporter said:

These scores, if FICO, aren't bad by any means.  If you have 4 years of clean history (no new delinquencies), you likely are eligible for most standard "prime" credit cards.

I recommend trying the waters with Citi Double Cash. 

I had Citi included in the BK 9 years ago, do they hold a grudge?

Thanks

13 hours ago, hegemony said:

when my BK was still reporting my highest FICO was 728 IIRC. Don't forget the impact of segmentation on scoring.

Good point. I managed to the BK off of EQ so will see the differences. With any luck maybe I can get it off the last CRAs a little early. 

56 minutes ago, Hanshi said:

I had Citi included in the BK 9 years ago, do they hold a grudge?

Thanks

I have no personal experience with this and will defer to others in the group.  That said, there's anecdotal discussion on myFICO that suggests 5-7 years is sufficient to clear concern by Citi, provided you otherwise qualify.

Have you tried Citi's no-"hard pull" "pre qualifier"? 

https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?isInvitation=Y#

my citi post BK story is posted around here somewhere... the hot take is after 10 years I got back in and now have ~100k in total citi limits

32 minutes ago, hegemony said:

my citi post BK story is posted around here somewhere... the hot take is after 10 years I got back in and now have ~100k in total citi limits

Thanks one more year for 10. I can try the softpull and see what they say.