Startacus

747 EQ and NO Credit Cards - Need Advice

So my friend just cleaned her credit and has a 733 TU and a 747 EQ. No credit cards showing but two of mine as AU. One stubborn collection on TU but no INQs, NO collections on EQ and 1 INQ 10/17. Did the Cap1 prequal an said she was preapprove for Platinum MC card 26.99% with higher CL after 5 payments. CK says she has very good approval odds for PNC Cash Rewards Visa.  Looking for suggestions as to how to pull and what to get her the most bang for the buck. Thanks everyone.

Kredit Carma recommends cards based on how much they are paid to recommend them.

Also, the skores they provide are worthless.  Her FICOs could be in the 460s.

12 hours ago, Startacus said:

Lol. It figures. Thanks for letting me know. 

That doesn't mean you're at a dead end.

There are lots of places to get free FICO scores.  Unfortunately many of them require you to already have an account.

Discovery is one place to get a free FICO 8 without an account.

https://www.discover.com/free-credit-score/

The free Experian app also gives a FICO 8 monthly.

Approvals generally consider more than FICO scores, but at least you'll be using valid reference points.

Also, "easy approval" isn't the most important criterion for selecting a new card.  Many people make this mistake and end up with a fistful of accounts they don't want and never use.  (I still have a small bowlful of turd cards I never should have opened.)

..you're absolutely right. My oldest credit card is a Skypass toy card with the same $300 limit I've had since 2007. Also has a $50 AF. I managed to get it unsecured but that's it. Absolutely no CLI ever. I've seriously considered dropping it and never looking back. Trouble is I have no other cards that are that old by years. I use it for gas only and usually PIF it either right before or shortly after statement cuts. I have no other 3 digit limit cards. Afraid to close it however I am s-I-c-k of paying the AF. I've asked and always get rejected. Maybe it belongs in a fish bowl! Thanks for your help. 

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines