Sign in to follow this  
Jasso20

Best way to tackle Credit One/LVNV?

Wife recently had an account with Credit One charge off for ~$740. Tried paying OC directly, but they kept directing her to LVNV. I know they are under the same ownership, so I am looking for the best way to get this handled. Thanks all. 

Is there still online access to the account?  If so, was that the avenue by which payment was attempted? 

Who is reporting? 

Arbitration usually works with that bunch. You have to file before they sue because of the small claims provision. They won't spend $4800.00 in startup fees to chase $750.00.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:14 AM, centex said:

Is there still online access to the account?  If so, was that the avenue by which payment was attempted? 

Who is reporting? 

No access to the account online, so can't pay that way. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:36 AM, legaleagle2012 said:

Arbitration usually works with that bunch. You have to file before they sue because of the small claims provision. They won't spend $4800.00 in startup fees to chase $750.00.

How do you go about that if you don't mind me asking?

You can send an email to the executive office of Credit One asking for the CO to be removed. Be humble and state hardship if any. If you look thru my old posts I have a thread or posts on it. 

I have never delt with LVNV but im sure someone with knowledge will chime in. 

Edited by Hanshi

20 hours ago, Jasso20 said:

No access to the account online, so can't pay that way. 

How do you go about that if you don't mind me asking?

See my pinned topic  on arbitration, it has all the info. Basically all you have to do is go to either JAMS or AAA (whichever forum the contract now calls for) and open a case. It takes about ten minutes tops. It is very easy, just follow their instructions. Do it before they sue, they have a prohibition clause for cases filed in small claims.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:26 AM, legaleagle2012 said:

See my pinned topic  on arbitration, it has all the info. Basically all you have to do is go to either JAMS or AAA (whichever forum the contract now calls for) and open a case. It takes about ten minutes tops. It is very easy, just follow their instructions. Do it before they sue, they have a prohibition clause for cases filed in small claims.

Ah found it, thank you! 

So I need to download that PDF from JAMS and send it in? Can't submit that form via online looks like. Legal stuff like this confuses the hell out of me so I just want to make sure I do it right. 

On 4/14/2019 at 6:26 AM, legaleagle2012 said:

Mail it certified mail / receipt so they can't claim they didn't get it. 

Hey legaleagle! I found that Credit One should be tackled with AAA:

"Initiation of Arbitration: The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) before a single arbitrator under the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules, or by a mutually agreeable administrator, before a single arbitrator, as modified by this arbitration provision. Information about the arbitration process for AAA can be obtained from the AAA at www.adr.org."

is this the correct form?

Thank you!

https://www.adr.org/sites/default/files/Consumer_Demand_for_Arbitration_Form_1.pdf