Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Thank You Everyone Here - You've Changed My Life

Just wanted to share my progress...

Years ago I drank the Dave Ramsey Kool-Aid. I did paid off my mortgage and got rid of all my credit cards. I was debt free and it felt great (at the time).

Then, after years getting hassled at car rental agencies, not getting into a decent hotel room (more than once), and having problems with transactions too large for my debit cards daily limits, I realized what a mistake I had made.

Also, I hated waiting for flights in uncomfortable chairs while watching other's going into the Delta Skylounge.

So I decided to put credit cards back into my wallet. No problem... yeah right. Ten years had gone by and my credit report was blank. Except for a disputed bill that I didn't pay. When they threatened to put it onto my credit report, I laughed... because I didn't care about a FICO score.

3 years ago I was getting turned down for junk cards...

So when I started applying for credit cards, I was getting turned down right and left. I was turned down for a BofA and AmEx (both of which I previously had).

I hadn't found this site yet, so I was flying blind. I Googled a list of easy to get credit cards and did an app spree. I thought I would get some crappy cards then build back up from there. I couldn't believe the junk sub-prime companies that were turning me down. In December of 2015, these were the places that denied me:

- Milestone

- Total Card Visa

- First Access Visa

- Walmart

- Texaco

- Belk

- QVC (Yes, QVC turned me down)

But I did get some cards like Credit One, First Premiere, Kohl's, Target and Pottery Barn. My largest CL was $300. I've since gotten rid of the First Premiere, but still have the Credit One (for now) since it's my oldest card.

This is when things really changed for me - When I found Credit Boards

Then I found CreditBoards. I found out how to get the negative item off my report and how to boost my FICO score. I also found out the correct way to apply for cards.

Three months later, I apped a Chase card. I would have waited but I applied two days before their 5/24 rule went into effect. They approved me for $2K and a month later raised it to $4,400 without me even asking.

Now, three years later...

I have almost every card I want, I certainly have more than I need.  This site showed me how to raise my limits. Now I have $100K+ available credit.  I have cards from Citi, Barclay, Chase, Discover, and AmEx. I also have a few retail cards for stores I actually use like Amazon and Lowes. But the card I get the most compliments on is my Marvel Card.

But the icing on the cake was last week. American Express sent me a pre-approval offer to convert my Gold PRG card to a Platinum card. I took it and the beautiful metal card arrived today in a gift box with a fancy wooden holder.

I just wanted to share what this site has done for me and to let others know that it's possible to go from getting turned down for turd cards to building your way up to decent cards.

Thank you everyone here!

Thank you for relating that back so compelling, and congratulations on everything you've accomplished.  :) 

3 hours ago, ClaimJumper said:

Just wanted to share my progress...

Years ago I drank the Dave Ramsey Kool-Aid. I did paid off my mortgage and got rid of all my credit cards. I was debt free and it felt great (at the time).

Then, after years getting hassled at car rental agencies, not getting into a decent hotel room (more than once), and having problems with transactions too large for my debit cards daily limits, I realized what a mistake I had made.

Also, I hated waiting for flights in uncomfortable chairs while watching other's going into the Delta Skylounge.

So I decided to put credit cards back into my wallet. No problem... yeah right. Ten years had gone by and my credit report was blank. Except for a disputed bill that I didn't pay. When they threatened to put it onto my credit report, I laughed... because I didn't care about a FICO score.

3 years ago I was getting turned down for junk cards...

So when I started applying for credit cards, I was getting turned down right and left. I was turned down for a BofA and AmEx (both of which I previously had).

I hadn't found this site yet, so I was flying blind. I Googled a list of easy to get credit cards and did an app spree. I thought I would get some crappy cards then build back up from there. I couldn't believe the junk sub-prime companies that were turning me down. In December of 2015, these were the places that denied me:

- Milestone

- Total Card Visa

- First Access Visa

- Walmart

- Texaco

- Belk

- QVC (Yes, QVC turned me down)

But I did get some cards like Credit One, First Premiere, Kohl's, Target and Pottery Barn. My largest CL was $300. I've since gotten rid of the First Premiere, but still have the Credit One (for now) since it's my oldest card.

This is when things really changed for me - When I found Credit Boards

Then I found CreditBoards. I found out how to get the negative item off my report and how to boost my FICO score. I also found out the correct way to apply for cards.

Three months later, I apped a Chase card. I would have waited but I applied two days before their 5/24 rule went into effect. They approved me for $2K and a month later raised it to $4,400 without me even asking.

Now, three years later...

I have almost every card I want, I certainly have more than I need.  This site showed me how to raise my limits. Now I have $100K+ available credit.  I have cards from Citi, Barclay, Chase, Discover, and AmEx. I also have a few retail cards for stores I actually use like Amazon and Lowes. But the card I get the most compliments on is my Marvel Card.

But the icing on the cake was last week. American Express sent me a pre-approval offer to convert my Gold PRG card to a Platinum card. I took it and the beautiful metal card arrived today in a gift box with a fancy wooden holder.

I just wanted to share what this site has done for me and to let others know that it's possible to go from getting turned down for turd cards to building your way up to decent cards.

Thank you everyone here!

Keep going!  The sky's the limit.

In another two or three years you could be Ron3. Seriously.  And that's a good thing.