pjoner

early exclusion timing

Experian supports an early exclusion period of three months, if the DOFD is July 2012 can I apply for EE as of April or May of this year?

52 minutes ago, pjoner said:

Experian supports an early exclusion period of three months, if the DOFD is July 2012 can I apply for EE as of April or May of this year?

Generally 3 months to the day. So if its July 12, 2012 EE would be April 12, 2012. Sometimes they can delete 4 months early. I would call the Dispute Dept and find out the exact date to call and get it deleted.

23 minutes ago, dvd said:

Generally 3 months to the day. So if its July 12, 2012 EE would be April 12, 2012. Sometimes they can delete 4 months early. I would call the Dispute Dept and find out the exact date to call and get it deleted.

thank you. so the general rule of thumb, without calling and inquiring, would be to wait until the first of the following month. 

If you are talking about early obsolete disputes, each bureau is different.

The topic is thoroughly discussed in this thread, but you won't have to read all 105 pages (and growing) to figure it out.

Posted (edited)

You might not have to do anything. I put some recent early auto delete information in the thread CV mentioned.

EX automatically, without any effort from me, deleted 4 months early for two different DOFD's. I believe I received the auto deletes because I never attempted any previous deletions for any reason. There was not enough clean data to make a solid determination but it is a hunch I have.

If you never tried for a deletion on the account for any reason, it would be interesting to see if you get the 3-4 month auto delete.

Edited by DigDeep

On 3/27/2019 at 9:08 AM, pjoner said:

thank you. so the general rule of thumb, without calling and inquiring, would be to wait until the first of the following month. 

You could, although I would call exactly 3 months to the day. It also might be worth a call to find out the exact day they can remove and then call on that day. Somtimes they can remove before the 3 months.