trident00

Purpose of deleting old addresses

I'm looking for some insight on the purpose of deleting old addresses. The address on file for the claim is my parent's home. I was living in a nearby city during the time of medical service, but I keep my address as my parent's, since I move regularly. So yea, I was technically living at one address during the time of treatment, but the claim and all paperwork has gone to my parent's.  I've since moved to a new address. After opting out and pulling my credit reports, I see that an address of my business partner is also on the reports, as well as another business related address. So my parent's address, my old address, my business partners address and another business related address are on my report (on equifax, they are all showing up after date of medical service). My drivers license still has my parent's address and I don't have any bills in my name at their address, so I just don't see how I can make everything match up, so I'm not sure what address to leave.

Also, I don't understand the GOOD old accounts portion. All of my credit has been perfect prior to this issue, so all of the addresses should positively contribute to my credit score?

If you need additional info on my case: I technically owe for labs and a doctor visit from 2017. I had issue with why I had certain expensive labs done at the doc's facility and felt the follow-up visit to review my labs was a waste bc a different doctor who knew nothing about me reviewed them and was also missing additional results from an outside lab company. I should have addressed it earlier with OC, but put it off and forgot about it. It's now in collections and there's a 50pt derogatory mark on all reports except fico.  I'll likely be buying a home in the next year, so I'm trying to remove it and for that reason, I'm technically willing to pay the full $850, but really think I should owe ~$600.

Thanks for your help!

You can not delete any old addresses in your case because you do not have any way of providing evidence of a new address since you haven't changed your drivers license. In general, for most people with older medical accounts (over 4 years old) deleting old addresses will help get accounts deleted with the initial dispute because the automatic "matching" of data to verify will be stymied.

I suggest you get your EOMBs from your insurance and see what was billed, what was approved, what was paid and what was left as patient responsibility. Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Send the CRAs where this or ANY medical account is reporting this;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

If you have checked your EOMBs and find that the account is valid AND YOU GET A RESPONSE FROM THE REPORTING CA AS A RESULT OF THE DISPUTE TO THE CRAs you can then pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "A".

Otherwise, follow the instructions or come back to this post for further assistance.

So this took a lot longer than I planned for various reasons. Experian wouldn't give me my credit report online. Sent them a written request. Didn't hear back for a month so I tried again online with a few different address variations and finally was able to get the report. After that, I sent out the dispute letters. I just moved to a new state, so there was some mail forwarding delay. I finally received confirmations from all of the CRA that the debt is valid. 

The most recent date on from the CRA response was 5/28 and I have not received anything from the CA.  I'm now going to send the Medical Dispute Validation Letter.

Just want to make sure this all sounds good and I'm on the right track. Looking to buy a house soon, so trying to have this cleared up asap. Thanks!

Sent the DV's out and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but tracking says: "Your item was returned to the sender at 9:53 am on June 22, 2019 because the forwarding order for this address is no longer valid."

I used the CA address that was on my credit reports. Thoughts on what should I do? Should I resend to the address on the bill that CA sent me?

Send the follow up dispute with a copy of the medical DV to the CRAs include this :

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

I have disputed this unknown medical account with the reporting Collection Agent,copy enclosed with proof of their invalid address as per your instructions in your response of xx/xx/xxxx to my dispute of xx/xx/xxxx and could have had no response as they have moved and/or are out of business.

make a copy of the "returned to sender" notice and include it

So only the Equifax report had the old CA address, so last week I sent the DV to the address on the other CRA reports.  I was about to send the follow up letter to the CRA, but just checked on credit karma and it's no longer showing anything in collections and my scores have returned to 800. Yay! :)

Should I wait to hear from CA, continue with follow up letter to CRA, or HIPAA letter?

1 hour ago, trident00 said:

So only the Equifax report had the old CA address, so last week I sent the DV to the address on the other CRA reports.  I was about to send the follow up letter to the CRA, but just checked on credit karma and it's no longer showing anything in collections and my scores have returned to 800. Yay! :)

Should I wait to hear from CA, continue with follow up letter to CRA, or HIPAA letter?

What is still on any of your reports?? If your reports are clean then you need not do anything else except keep hard copies of your clean reports. (you can get a fresh report by using the back door)

Just checked Equifax w/ back door and it doesn't show anything in collections, so I guess the DV to the CA got them to remove it. I tech still owe the doctor though (even though I don't agree with the total amount). Will they have another collections agency come after me?

6 hours ago, trident00 said:

Just checked Equifax w/ back door and it doesn't show anything in collections, so I guess the DV to the CA got them to remove it. I tech still owe the doctor though (even though I don't agree with the total amount). Will they have another collections agency come after me?

You owe the doctor ZILCH. If you wish to pay someone make a donation to one of the charities listed at the bottom of my website. If you have opted out and keep copies of your clean credit reports you can easily challenge any new JDB who tries to collect anything from you.

Amazing. Thank you! I was just going to ask if you have a paypal, but Kitty Angels looks great.

How do I get my clean reports though? When I did back door through Equifax the info was under a bunch of tabs and didn't seem printable/saveable. TU and Exp want me to sign up to backdoor/initiate a dispute. 

Safest way is to either wait until you are eligible for a free report or pay for a report only. The "back door" is not as easy to use as it once was. Thank you for any contributions you make to Kitty Angels