tmcgill

Free Annual Reports

I also just ordered my Certegy report. I'm wondering why they're been denying mobile check deposits from my Wells Fargo Bank account. It's been handled perfectly since the day I opened it.

Was interested in the response you got from Certegy.  Normally they plug-in and report when an account is overdrawn or has negative (or suspect) deposits, check writing or ATM activity.  Once the account is back to a positive or normal status, they haven't been known to decline a transaction.

I'm still waiting for my Certegy report, but I have received my free ChexSystems, EWS and LexisNexis reports.  A couple things to report from my own experience:

I opened a SoFi Money account.  It has check writing and can be used for most checking purposes.  There were no hard inquiries on my Chex, EWS or credit reports.  I don't know about soft inquiries.  This was my experience, so I can't guarantee yours will be the same.

I also recently opened a Fifth Third Bank Express Banking account.  It doesn't operate as a full checking account, since they don't allow stuff like check writing or bill pay from it.  It does have a debit card.  There wasn't a hard credit inquiry, but Fifth Third went to town with Chex, EWS and LexisNexis.  They inquired on my EWS file, they inquired twice on my ChexSystems and ChexSystems then inquired twice to my LexisNexis, I guess to look up stuff they wanted from there.  All for an account that doesn't have check writing capability.  I don't suggest this account, especially as your only account.

My Chex is basically empty except for inquiries.  My EWS report basically shows a bunch of bank account transaction activity and balances, and a couple inquiries, but not much else.  My LexisNexis is 190 pages of repetitive crap, mostly information about my house that repeats and repeats.  

On 3/25/2019 at 6:46 AM, tmcgill said:

Was interested in the response you got from Certegy.  Normally they plug-in and report when an account is overdrawn or has negative (or suspect) deposits, check writing or ATM activity.  Once the account is back to a positive or normal status, they haven't been known to decline a transaction.

The reason Certegy gave is:

"The transaction fell outside of the guidelines Certegy has established for authorization."

That reason is 100% useless. Not only does that reason not explain the reason, they can also use that for the reason to decline any check.

I'll not pursue this as I have no time for this and why aggravate myself. Certegy is basically a turd company. They're hurting their clients and their clients' customers for declining checks for nonvalid reasons.

Posted (edited)

A recurring problem with Certegy and Telecheck.  There are no specific legal guidelines on their declination reasons. There are always inconsistencies on why they decline.

Edited by tmcgill