IndyPoolPlayer

Amex CLD "Minimal Usage" is the excuse

5 hours ago, hegemony said:

26 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Ancient threads from over a decade ago.....

FINALLY!

(Been waiting for someone to point this out 🙄)

48 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Kat must be trolling for cv......

If cv had applied to Navy Federal using this pic there would have been no gender confusion at all.  

It's crazy how defensive people are over AMEX. You don't even have to say anything bad about AMEX, and all these people still come out of the woodwork to defend them. Get off AMEX's nuts, they are just another lender. They lost their prestige long ago.

Just now, ccn3 said:

It's crazy how defensive people are over AMEX. You don't even have to say anything bad about AMEX, and all these people still come out of the woodwork to defend them. Get off AMEX's nuts, they are just another lender. They lost their prestige long ago.

:lol: who was defending amex? I don't give a crap about amex. I just pointed out there have been epic bashing of amex over the years. You're the one who started in with the "there are people..." post. I guess the point that all issuers have their detractors went over your head.

4 minutes ago, hegemony said:

:lol: who was defending amex? I don't give a crap about amex. I just pointed out there have been epic bashing of amex over the years. You're the one who started in with the "there are people..." post. I guess the point that all issuers have their detractors went over your head.

Hege, the problem dates back to January 9, 2015.  Up until that date there was a mandatory reading comprehension test for new CB recruits.  That policy was rescinded momentarily and for a day or two some slipped in under the crack.  

Posted (edited)

smh

(but not too hard)

Edited by Kat58

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

As the point that AMEX has more defenders and less detractors than others went over yours.

2 hours ago, ccn3 said:

As the point that AMEX has more defenders and less detractors than others went over yours.

I missed which alternate universe we're talking about here.  < But, seriously, give me a slap for that and then let's try to get this thread back on the rails. 😲 >

This forum is just full of arrogant jerks who aren't nearly as smart as they think they are. You can't post anything on this forum without people misinterpreting it, and then having to attack you for it. It's no wonder the site is dead now. I remember years ago it had a lot more traffic.

2 minutes ago, ccn3 said:

This forum is just full of arrogant jerks who aren't nearly as smart as they think they are. You can't post anything on this forum without people misinterpreting it, and then having to attack you for it. It's no wonder the site is dead now. I remember years ago it had a lot more traffic.

yes, arrogant jerks like people who assert with no basis that we're defending amex :lol: when all I was doing, in regards to my posts in this thread anyway, was pointing out amex has been a target of people's ire for some time.

step back and think. reasonable people are allowed to disagree.

2 hours ago, ccn3 said:

Who were you years ago?

On 3/11/2019 at 6:49 PM, IndyPoolPlayer said:

DW received a letter today on her Amex BCE cutting her CL in half from $30K to $15K. The excuse given was "Minimal usage on the card over the past 12 months"

I recall this very same excuse back in the Credit Meltdown when my Amex was balance chased down to $2900.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:11 PM, IndyPoolPlayer said:

No. I'm not on that account at all. It's DW's and DW's alone.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:12 PM, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Ranged from $100 to $300 per month.

Should not be a bother. There is competition and AMEX is not the only credit-card issuer out there.

They (AMEX) need us (consumers) far more then we need them. 

Let AMEX do what they will. We as consumers should not care one bit. We have choices.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, ccn3 said:

Why not? It's not like AMEX is more prime than some of the others that people like to call subprime. 

IMHO, there's no such thing as a "Sub-Prime" lender.

"Borrowers", on the other hand might carry different labels for different lenders on different dates and under different circumstances based on a "Snapshot" in time that a lender looks at and decides about a given borrower's "Creditworthiness".

It's just "Business". When borrowers or potential borrowers label lenders as "Sub-Prime", they're just projecting their personal beliefs about themselves on a decision they don't like or agree with.

Lenders don't care or even think in such "Personal" terms, it's just about business and prudent "Risk Management".;)

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

thanks for the reminder to buy some gum.

Microsoft has a sale on spreadsheets.