hegemony

Unvaccinated boy nearly died from tetanus. The cost of his care was almost $1 million.

After the boy was finally released, he returned to normal activities, including running and bicycling, the CDC report stated. His parents chose not to have him vaccinated further. "Despite extensive review of the risks and benefits of tetanus vaccination by physicians, the family declined the second dose of DTaP and any other recommended immunizations," the doctors wrote.

Idiots

people with "preexisting conditions" have trouble getting health insurance but idiots who don't vaccinate their kids get preventable illnesses covered. I say people not vaccinated for "religious" or "personal" or "tin foil hat" reasons should not be covered by insurance of any kind.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, hegemony said:

people with "preexisting conditions" have trouble getting health insurance but idiots who don't vaccinate their kids get preventable illnesses covered. I say people not vaccinated for "religious" or "personal" or "tin foil hat" reasons should not be covered by insurance of any kind.

The problem hege, is that peeps get treated whether they can afford it or not and lots of people that don't let their kids get vaccinated also don't bother with insurance unless they happen, by luck, to get it where they work. And I'm not sure it's fair to exclude their kids from insurance in that case. Not the kids fault they have the parents they do.

The problem hege, is that peeps get treated whether they can afford it or not and lots of people that don't let their kids get vaccinated also don't bother with insurance unless they happen, by luck, to get it where they work. And I'm not sure it's fair to exclude their kids from insurance in that case. Not the kids fault they have the parents they do.

Actually the majority of anti-vaxxers are middle class and above.

21 minutes ago, Pam said:

Actually the majority of anti-vaxxers are middle class and above.

Yeah. Good point. I only know of one, a friend of my gf. The mom is very new age, anti-vaxer, etc. When the gf was visiting, she waved a crystal over some fish that was more than a few days old and declared it safe.  :rolleyes:

Fortunately her husband is not and their grandkids were vaccinated, much to the mom's distress. Apparently her children listened to the dad.

And she was upper middle class.

Posted (edited)

Where in the bible does it say "thou shall not vaccinate" ???

The anti-vaxxers must long for the "good old days" when rows and rows and rows of children lived their lives in iron lungs, before the polio vaccine.

Edited by Burgerwars

1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:

Where in the bible does it say "thou shall not vaccinate" ???