wwanderer

Defaulted student loan eons ago, not on credit reports + conventional mortgage?

Yes, I searched. Didn’t find the information. I have old defaulted student loans from almost 20 years ago. They haven’t been on my credit reports in YEARS. Want to do a conventional mortgage (home loan in Nevada). What are the chances of the student loans stopping me? Will this show up on a “fraud check” report? 

Yes yes, I know this will need to be rehabbed and paid. I would rather do that AFTER getting the mortgage and not before, if possible. 

If this was a federal student loan, expect a hit on CAIVRS.  https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/caivrs

Federal debt need not appear on a credit report to be problematic in lending...

Given that you know it is out there, you would be better off to get ahead of the game and work on the rehab/consolidation process now rather than later. 

While we’re getting high and mighty, let’s talk about how many people here lie to clean up their credit and take advantage of financial benefits they wouldn’t otherwise get. Please send their chickens home. 

3 hours ago, wwanderer said:

While we’re getting high and mighty, let’s talk about how many people here lie to clean up their credit and take advantage of financial benefits they wouldn’t otherwise get. Please send their chickens home. 

so you do plan on committing fraud...

5 hours ago, hegemony said:

so you do plan on committing fraud...

You know what they say about fraud.  Point the "fr" at someone and there's an "aud" pointing back at you.

On 3/9/2019 at 10:51 AM, wwanderer said:

apples and oranges, to say nothing of your sweeping generalizations of the CB population as a collective whole. 

The simple reality is that you are going to have to either disclose the existence of the defaulted obligation, get it into a payment plan OR commit fraud when you sign the document in which you have to list all outstanding obligations.  ALL obligations include those not appearing on credit reports or that might be beyond the statute of limitations for legal action to collect. 

'Taking advantage of financial benefits' sounds more like the issues surrounding sign-up bonuses.  I cannot speak to how many may lie in their efforts to improve their personal financial situation, but you will find ON THIS SITE that there is precisely zero compunction even by mods about chastising those who seek to lie about issues in an attempt to procure a removal of defaulted debt reports that appear on the reports.  There is a world of difference between engaging in fraud versus using the law as written...

10 hours ago, wwanderer said:

Not committing fraud 🙄 

Maybe not, but you sure as hell have no compunction about slandering our membership base as a whole.   That's one of the most offensive posts I have read in a long time.

So I'm giving you a Cease & Desist Order.

Forgive me please in advance because I have never applied for a student loan but we adopted two older siblings in 2000. Their birth aunt from the birth family obtained student loan funding and never attended school. Instead, she (birth aunt) blew it on a complete bedroom set, etc. all the while on Sectuon-8 housing and Medicaid. Amazing the waste.

2 hours ago, damba said:

The debt is still there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't going to end well for you if the rest of your posting history follows the leanings of your current course.

This isn't going to end well for you if the rest of your posting history follows the leanings of your current course.

I do understand your role as a mod, and I respect that.

OTOH, I am not berating, harassing or using foul language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, damba said:

I do understand your role as a mod, and I respect that.

OTOH, I am not berating, harassing or using foul language.

I think MB got you confused with someone else? :)

12 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

I think MB got you confused with someone else? :)

nope  

Some people open an alligator mouth when all they got to back it up is a mocking bird ass.