Sign in to follow this  
moneypyts

Soon at 4/24 Best sequence to get best cards after Chase

I'll be at 4/24 in July and 3/24 in August.  2/24 in October.  

I've been declined a few times in the last 15 months for things like the Bank of America travel card, US Bank FlexPerks, WF Propel, and a C1 Venture, possibly on account of churning, or on account of high balances (paid down now). 

I wasn't planning to wait until I was 4/24 before getting back in the application sequence, but since I'm now so close I figure I might as well do it and pick up a CSP first, then a United or Southwest a month later, for $1400 value in travel, before moving on to the others.  

I haven't seen much chatter about sequencing of apps in the post x/x policies of the major banks.  

First off: 
* CSP
* United or Southwest

The cards I'd like to get -- difficult:
* Bank of America travel
* Wells Fargo Propel
* Cap One Venture

Probably easier
* BoA Amtrak when a higher signup bonus comes up
* Citi TYX (PC'ed old TYPref in Sept 2017 (didn't read the rules carefully, should have kept it))
* Delta Amex if I get a signup offer (or in 2020 if the "eligibility once every 7 years" language pans out")
* Amex Gold if I get the 50,000 signup offer.  
* US Bank Altitude

And, pick up along the way
* US Bank FlexPerks
* Citi American Airlines

I'm Ineligible for: 
* Barclays Arrival (still have an old no-fee arrival) 

Thoughts on this?  Who is most sensitive to new accounts out of Cap One, B of A, or WF?  

TIA, MP

I just got to 4/24 this month and got approved for an Ink preferred tonight, I plan to work on the sign up bonus for a few months and app the arrival plus after that. 

The great thing about business cards is their not showing on CRs. I got to start off 2019 with a Hilton business card and it didn't impact my Chase approval tonight.

Maybe lower priority, but if you're eligible, Navy Flagship has a $600 sub running at the moment.

More Banks are adopting 5/24 so you really have to pick your priorities.

Hege and Mec -- thanks for the replies.  

I should get a Chase Biz card in there, too.  Maybe the 75,000 United offer will still be available.  If so, I'll shoot for that one first in July when I clear 4/24. I'll look into Navy qualification.  

Turds?  It's a couple hundred free $.  For the Flex Perks, etc.  Amtrak is about $800 in travel with the 30,000 points offer.  Which ones would you suggest instead?  I like $, I like airfare and travel reimbursements.  I don't do hotels, so unless there's a good transfer rate to airlines, they're not useful for me.  

Credit scores ~790.  At 0/12 as of this month.  

MP  

On 3/6/2019 at 9:16 PM, mec said:

I just got to 4/24 this month and got approved for an Ink preferred tonight

Any hoops to jump through for proving you have a business account? 

1 hour ago, PhoenixDown said:

There were the first time, but this is my second business card from Chase. This time it was an instant approval. My last "new account" was 6 months ago, a Chase Hyatt personal card. I think I am right in their sweet spot at this time.

The first time I applied I had to submit a LRT 147C letter from the IRS, and answer questions about past revenue and projected revenue. It was/ is a real business, so I'm not sure what kinds of "businesses" require what kinds of hoops, but I'm betting there is some variation in there approval process.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:30 PM, PhoenixDown said:

If you have a real business it won't be an issue.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. spigot
      spigot
    2. tess41
      tess41
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    snipsnapsnoop
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines