Sign in to follow this  
credit_help

In Wrong Equifax FICO Bucket? Experian and TransUnion above 800

The free FICOs from Bank of America and Discover show 808 for February. In a few days they should show scores for March. I am sure they will be at 808 again.

43 minutes ago, credit_help said:

The free FICOs from Bank of America and Discover show 808 for February. In a few days they should show scores for March. I am sure they will be at 808 again.

Absent a material change, then that would be a good presumption.  Material changes would be new accounts reporting, different balance reporting, a change to limits which therefore impacts utilization, hard inquiries.  It is not uncommon to see what amounts to a flat line for multiple months on end when there are no changes of note...

I find the Discover site to be a joke...it claims I have 55 accounts.  While I have a number of tradelines, it isn't THAT many.  I don't even get there if you include the entities across the past two years that made hard inquiries. 

5 hours ago, centex said:

I find the Discover site to be a joke...it claims I have 55 accounts.  While I have a number of tradelines, it isn't THAT many.  I don't even get there if you include the entities across the past two years that made hard inquiries. 

Out of curiosity, how does the Discover account count compare with what's reported by myFICO?

By comparison, Discover (TU) reports 53 accounts for me; myFICO TU reports 52 revolv/9 install.

(fwiw, a little over 1/2 of these are closed).

2 hours ago, hdporter said:

Out of curiosity, how does the Discover account count compare with what's reported by myFICO?

By comparison, Discover (TU) reports 53 accounts for me; myFICO TU reports 52 revolv/9 install.

Check your Discover (EX). My Discover (TU) is accurate too.

But my Discover (EX) reported 44 extra revolvers last month and 46 extras this month. Before that it was normal. Installments & FICOs are still correct though.

EX is unaware of the extra tradelines.

Absent a material change, then that would be a good presumption.  Material changes would be new accounts reporting, different balance reporting, a change to limits which therefore impacts utilization, hard inquiries.  It is not uncommon to see what amounts to a flat line for multiple months on end when there are no changes of note...

No changes material or not that I would know first from a free score. I receive notifications from Credit Karma, Experian, WalletHub and other apps.

Discover shows 30 accounts on TransUnion for me but Experian shows 31. Both show scores of 808 for TransUnion.

13 hours ago, Occam said:

Check your Discover (EX). My Discover (TU) is accurate too.

But my Discover (EX) reported 44 extra revolvers last month and 46 extras this month. Before that it was normal. Installments & FICOs are still correct though.

EX is unaware of the extra tradelines.

Bingo!! ...

105 Total Accounts ... didn't help utilization at all though (still at 2%).   Guess I better get a little trolly to cart those cards around!  ;)

Obviously, the Discover free "credit scorecard" (available to non-customers as well), must be doubling up the tradeline count.

Good catch!

On 4/5/2019 at 10:38 PM, hdporter said:

Have NO idea what would be provided by MyFICO.  I don't care enough to give them any money.  I know what the paper reports from each of the four major bureaus show though...

11 minutes ago, centex said:

Have NO idea what would be provided by MyFICO.  I don't care enough to give them any money.  I know what the paper reports from each of the four major bureaus show though...

Well, in any case, if we're talking about the Discover free EX FICO Scorecard, it seems as if we've identified the culprit (it reports double the tradelines in place).

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

Well, in any case, if we're talking about the Discover free EX FICO Scorecard, it seems as if we've identified the culprit (it reports double the tradelines in place).

I see this as a glitch, but cv sees it as another reason to hate Discover :rofl:

15 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

I see this as a glitch, but cv sees it as another reason to hate Discover :rofl:

Well, Discover is a "glitch" that's treated me well.  I have 7 days left of 3% purchase cb on my Discover Miles.

I'm looking to move onto greener pastures, though, rather than "rinse, repeat" the Miles card with DW ... < more later >

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

Well, in any case, if we're talking about the Discover free EX FICO Scorecard, it seems as if we've identified the culprit (it appears to report double many of the tradelines in place).

Discovery appears to count most revolvers twice on EX, but not all of them.

It's not obvious how they choose which revolvers to double; the only thing I know for sure is they doubled the newest 2 of mine and most of the others.

And they only count my installments once.

They can't possibly be doubling all of your tradelines either, because I know for a fact you don't have exactly 52.5 of them!

They must have devised a more complicated algorithm than just 2x. Maybe something like:

revolvers + (revolvers - n) + installments = total

or:

2(total revolvers) + installments - n = total

or possibly even:

total revolvers + installments + random number of revolvers

Why not just use the actual numbers? It looks like a case of Discover just being Citi.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Occam said:

Discovery appears to count most revolvers twice on EX, but not all of them.

It's not obvious how they choose which revolvers to double; the only thing I know for sure is they doubled the newest 2 of mine and most of the others.

And they only count my installments once.

They can't possibly be doubling all of your tradelines either, because I know for a fact you don't have exactly 52.5 of them!

They must have devised a more complicated algorithm than just 2x. Maybe something like:

revolvers + (revolvers - n) + installments = total

or:

2(total revolvers) + installments - n = total

or possibly even:

total revolvers + installments + random number of revolvers

Why not just use the actual numbers? It looks like a case of Discover just being Citi.  :lol:

There goes my running list of things Discovery does well:

1 - Count

10 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

There goes my running list of things Discovery does well:

1 - Count

After their ability to properly count your balance prior, I'm admittedly surprised that wasn't stricken from the list sooner!

18 minutes ago, Zanshiro said:

After their ability to properly count your balance prior, I'm admittedly surprised that wasn't stricken from the list sooner!

I had that filed under "addition" and "subtraction," two categories that were eliminated some time ago, along with "multiplication."

My Discover TransUnion score refreshed on 7th and is 814 an improvement of 6 over last time it refreshed.

0d7bebae9687d558fdeb97ff94af063a.jpg

NFCU refreshed on 4th. Shows a Equifax FICO 9 score of 777 an improvement of 6 like TransUnion FICO 8 from Discover.

422d2da0bad65956650f57267772b858.jpg

Equifax FICO Bankcard Score 8 from Citi on 26th March is 794.

6371416e332fdc2d6d58e40d2488b054.jpg

My Equifax is trending like TransUnion but still has not crossed on 800. :-(

Today Discover TransUnion FICO score refreshed and is 826. A couple of CLIs from BofA and Citi updated reduced balances to 2%.

dc1b3c57cef48b0bf3fde744dc576472.jpg

My Experian FICO from a few days ago is 810. Hopefully it will catchup to TransUnion. My Equifax is still under 800.

Nice job! That's super-prime territory.

Ascend_SaraMarieDEugenio_DSC_5956_ghk6ws.jpg

Thanks. Is that prime rib? I am having a cake. :-)

3e82d7c009e354fb232db71bfa6dcd72.jpg

It took me a lot longer to get to 800+ considering I have been a member here since 2005.

14 minutes ago, credit_help said:

It took me a lot longer to get to 800+ considering I have been a member here since 2005.

Well, you've arrived.  Some routes take longer than others, but we're glad you made it!  🛳️

Well, you've arrived.  Some routes take longer than others, but we're glad you made it!  

Thanks. I will have another cake. Chocolate.

2ce697606c7bfb3da0b4b9b5a66d30aa.jpg

8 hours ago, credit_help said:

Experian FICO 8 is still at 810.

ab31a57472e2ee3c88efbf90b2aef74a.jpg

MAKE SURE YOU DONT APPLY FOR ANY CREDIT MY WIFES COUSIN ORDERED A TOASTER FROM FLINGERHUT FOR ONLY 17 DLLRS A MONTH BUT GOT A HARD PULL HIS SOCRES DROPPED TO LIKE 500 OF COURSE HE STOPPED PAYING ALL HIS BLS AROUND THE SAME TIME DUE TO HAVING A EAR INFECTION AND AN UNDESCENDE TESTICAL

I am not planning on applying for anything for a while but if a good offer tempts me...

I had to control myself when a Marriott Bonvoy Boundless offer - 75K points for $3K spend, $250 statement credit for - links showed up while booking hotel room yesterday.

Finally for the first time my Equifax FICO 9 score is over 800 but barely. I think this is Bankcard version not the base version.

ef61b459f84bda65a8289ab1bc593a41.jpg

It’s very close to my Experian FICO 9 base score of 802.