credit_help

In Wrong Equifax FICO Bucket? Experian and TransUnion above 800

My FICO 8 Scores on Experian and TransUnion are 804 and 808. But, my Equifax is still 776. Did I get lucky to be in a bucket that lowers my score? Actually my Equifax credit profile is slightly better with 5 years of AAoA vs 4 years and 2 months on Experian and 4 years and 6 months on TransUnion.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, credit_help said:

My FICO 8 Scores on Experian and TransUnion are 804 and 808. But, my Equifax is still 776. Did I get lucky to be in a bucket that lowers my score? Actually my Equifax credit profile is slightly better with 5 years of AAoA vs 4 years and 2 months on Experian and 4 years and 6 months on TransUnion.

Yeah. Looks like 4 years and x-months is the high-end of a bucket tier and 5 years triggers you into the next bucket tier at the lowest-end. You can wait it out or apply for a new card to lower it :D Thanks for the data point.

ETA - What was your Equifax score last month and the month prior?

Edited by Kat58

Yeah. Looks like 4 years and x-months is the high-end of a bucket tier and 5 years triggers you into the next bucket tier at the lowest-end. You can wait it out or apply for a new card to lower it  Thanks for the data point.

ETA - What was your Equifax score last month and the month prior?

You are welcome Kat.

My Equifax FICO 8 score was between 760 - 770 for the past few months. I was going to post a few months ago but did not.

I planned on applying for one or two cards this year but have not. I may not apply for anything for a while.

Are your paper reports from the three bureaus in question showing the same accounts and same data?  Further, what is the source of the scores? 

Are your paper reports from the three bureaus in question showing the same accounts and same data?  Further, what is the source of the scores? 

I am not using paper reports. Fortunately, there is nothing to dispute or repair. :-)
Source of the reports is Experian 3-Bureau Report with FICO 8 scores. All active accounts are reported on all all three reports and they are close to monthly free FICOs from credit card issuers. I have also compared the full credit reports from 3 CRAs a while back.
Not much has changed in my reports recently. The differences in credit reports are in old inactive accounts. Equifax report has 33 total accounts while Experian and TransUnion reports have 31. But the score difference was rarely this wide in the past.

Online reports suck.  Further, scores look at ALL data on the report, not just active reports.  Hence the need to go back and get actual paper reports.  They are NOT just for disputing or people that have credit reporting issues...

Online reports suck.  Further, scores look at ALL data on the report, not just active reports.  Hence the need to go back and get actual paper reports.  They are NOT just for disputing or people that have credit reporting issues...

The paper reports don’t give any special scores. But, the reports you get online from various sources including the CRAs don’t have all the data. My scores from credit apps I have done matched FICO scores from Experian FICO scores and the free credit scores from banks and CUs.

You can get the same data as in paper reports if you know which products to use. :-)

56 minutes ago, credit_help said:

The paper reports don’t give any special scores. But, the reports you get online from various sources including the CRAs don’t have all the data. My scores from credit apps I have done matched FICO scores from Experian FICO scores and the free credit scores from banks and CUs.

You can get the same data as in paper reports if you know which products to use. 🙂

The paper reports are not about looking at the score...it IS about the COMPLETENESS and ACCURACY of the entire data set.  You don't have complete data although you at least acknowledge that some accounts are not present, which helps to explain why you have varying scores.

But since you have no interest in actually getting an answer to why you saw score differences, I guess I am done with this thread.  Hopefully someone later on WILL recognize the reason why it is recommended not to rely on the online reports for anything beyond entertainment value.   

moreover, worrying over any small difference is a waste of energy. 808 won't get you anything more than 776 can.

moreover, worrying over any small difference is a waste of energy. 808 won't get you anything more than 776 can.
I am not worried about the score difference practically affecting me. I just noticed this and wanted to see explanation for differences in scores and FICO scoring.
I think some could take my question as something I am trying to fix. Would it make me temporarily happy that I am over 800 on three CRAs? May be. But, there is no practical difference it would have on my credit.

Yes, the scores differ even given very close reports across CRAs. There are different reporting items used by the CRAs and makes the scores differ if exact same accounts and history is on the reports.

Mine did not vary by 30 points...in the past few years I have been monitoring. My scores crossing 800 on two CRAs prompted me to post this question.

So, my post != Worry but == curiosity.

3 minutes ago, credit_help said:

Discover can see future! 🙂

I checked my Scorecard the other day and it showed that I have 25 accounts (I only have 13). Does that mean I'm going to apply for 12 new accounts soon or someone is fixing to steal my identity?

I checked my Scorecard the other day and it showed that I have 25 accounts (I only have 13). Does that mean I'm going to apply for 12 new accounts soon or someone is fixing to steal my identity?

I don't know if Discover can tell either.

Did you check your paper reports?

5 minutes ago, credit_help said:

I don't know if Discover can tell either.

Did you check your paper reports?emoji406.pngemoji3.png

No, but I did check elsewhere. And yes, it initially freaked me out.

11 hours ago, credit_help said:

No one told me that once I am over 800 I can get future scores.

Dammit...now that you told everyone, we have to change the process again. 

Dammit...now that you told everyone, we have to change the process again. 

Doubtful that people who don’t know and have scores over 800 would have known. So, the secret is safe. :-)

Discover Credit score for my credit card refreshed today and is 808 matching with my score from 3 Bureau report and scores a few days ago.

40 minutes ago, credit_help said:

Discover Credit score for my credit card refreshed today and is 808 matching with my score from 3 Bureau report and scores a few days ago.

:D

40 minutes ago, credit_help said:

:D