Sign in to follow this  
whall1970

Current.com

I opened this account.  It’s current.com it’s a division of Choice Bank.  My Chex and Ews is a hot mess.  Current has mobile deposit,  I did one and it was available next day.  There mobile banking is state of the art.  It can be confusing at first.  Also if you set up direct deposit and have it set up for a couple of months into account they have instant deposit ,  which means If you set up an external account like Bank of America and transfer money from external account instead of 3 day wait for transfer , it available immediately . The Premier Checking is $4.95 fee a month 

Also if you open account choose personal checking ,  cause they also have option for teen checking.  Mobile deposit is sort of hidden so I suggest google how to do it,  I did and it worked

I pay $3 a month to receive my bank statement by snail mail because I refuse to setup an online account.

Thank u for this. Some people don’t realize these sort of accounts are necessary. I signed up, there is a FREE option. And for the record I have multi checking accounts with the three big banks. Hope this helps someone.

10 hours ago, KingHeart said:

there is a FREE option. [snip]. Hope this helps someone.

Which brings it full circle to NO CHECKING ACCOUNT is worth paying for, especially in an era where checks are basically a dead form of payment. 

Centex, completely agree that now and days, no account is worth paying a monthly fee for. Now...if someone has jacked their Chex/EWS/Telecheck reports up that bad, it's saying something. 

Current offers the following accounts: 

Basic - No monthly Fee - Your standard basic checking account, without a brick and mortar location. 

"Premium" - 4.95 fee - Early Direct Deposit (Umm...ok), Instant Gas refunds (Pre-authorizations), and a black card. 

I am sorry. There is no way I am going to pay almost 5 bucks a month, for a black card. The other two options are stupid.

The direct deposit early...it's still the same funds time frame between getting paid. If you get paid Bi-Weekly....your still getting paid Bi-Weekly. Just say on Wednesday's now. Dumb. 

The "Gas Refunds" is another dumb point. You spent the money, with a traditional account, say they hold 1.00. When the merchant closes it out, either way, its still going to withdraw the funds paid to them. 

Absolutely crazy what some of these "banks" are offering now and days as "perks". 

Thanks for the post. Many second chance options are out there. Do you need a second, alternative or backup account? If so, what is your city and state?

On 2/26/2019 at 7:05 PM, hegemony said:

3$ can but a lot of Vaseline

Lol... I totally missed this^ typo.