Jump to content

The Car Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Oof, brave. Range Rovers and Alfa Romeos are a true sign of people who are in no hurry to get where they'd like to go.

 

I tossed around the idea of getting a Stelvio but then I read owner stories. 😳

It's what B tch T ts  wants.  When the RR breaks down, he'll just use my car.  Like when the RX has a dead battery and the tires are low on air.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

  • Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just walked out of my house yesterday with a "I'm going for a drive" and that ended up being a 100 mile joyride to the SC border and back.   There may have been loud music and scream singi

That's an offer from the manufacturer's captive finance company.     The catch appears to be that the 0% APR disqualifies you from many/most other types of incentives on the same vehicle.

decided that I wanted a new vehicle. after some internets research, I decided on a couple of vehicles to test drive from manufactures I've never dealt with before.   High End Dealer #1 showe

Posted Images

7 hours ago, hegemony said:

Love it !!! I remember driving on the TransCanadian Hwy in B.C. and noticed a funny car race to the east on an Indian Reservation. There were supped up Ford Fiestas drag racing. So entertaining. 

Edited by StarkRaven$
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm going to watch the 3-year depreciation curve on this sessy beast (but no matter how it turns out, I am not spending that on a car 😛 ).  
 

But dear lord, subject to a test drive before signing, this is exactly what I want.
 

https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/models/new-flying-spur/new-flying-spur.html 

 

 

FNYfJhE.jpg 

 

I could see my self in this. My lease is coming due soon. I wonder how the Bentayga does...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin

Some asshole in Kansas sent out requests for information for what appears to be every freaking 2012-2014 Jaguar for sale in the United States in the past 2 days.

 

Using my email address.

 

I may or may not have just gone postal on a poor car salesman who just had the poor luck of sending an email I could reply to.

 

He also ate at an Indian restaurant and got an e-receipt.  I may lose my shit if he keeps this up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pam said:

Some asshole in Kansas sent out requests for information for what appears to be every freaking 2012-2014 Jaguar for sale in the United States in the past 2 days.

 

Using my email address.

 

I may or may not have just gone postal on a poor car salesman who just had the poor luck of sending an email I could reply to.

 

He also ate at an Indian restaurant and got an e-receipt.  I may lose my *Admin and our Terms of Service prohibit profanity* if he keeps this up.

This happens to me constantly, because at least one person ... do you have the no numbers first.last@gmail.com address? I do, and I nonstop get sensitive documents for another person who has that name.

 

I was just reading about this on Reddit and it seems like every first.last@gmail.com person who has a relatively common name has this issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
19 hours ago, smartlypretty said:

This happens to me constantly, because at least one person ... do you have the no numbers first.last@gmail.com address? I do, and I nonstop get sensitive documents for another person who has that name.

 

I was just reading about this on Reddit and it seems like every first.last@gmail.com person who has a relatively common name has this issue. 

Similar - firstinitial plus last name OG gmail without numbers, so a little bit worse because that allows every asshat who has the same last name but the same first initial (so every Peter, Paula, Phillip, etc.) to think that my email is theirs.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2020 at 1:09 PM, Pam said:

Some asshole in Kansas sent out requests for information for what appears to be every freaking 2012-2014 Jaguar for sale in the United States in the past 2 days.

 

Using my email address.

 

I may or may not have just gone postal on a poor car salesman who just had the poor luck of sending an email I could reply to.

 

He also ate at an Indian restaurant and got an e-receipt.  I may lose my *Admin and our Terms of Service prohibit profanity* if he keeps this up.

Have you pissed off Centex recently? She's a Jag gal and likes to cause mayhem sometimes. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one of the earliest msn email addys. Very short initial and lastname. Somehow I've only attracted the usual amount of spam and brain dead phishing tries. Lucky I suppose.  What I still don't get is that the email doesn't even show up on my LN report. Here's a good writeup on OG risks.

 

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/09/the-joys-of-owning-an-og-email-account/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
On 9/6/2020 at 2:09 PM, Pam said:

Some asshole in Kansas sent out requests for information for what appears to be every freaking 2012-2014 Jaguar for sale in the United States in the past 2 days.

 

Using my email address.

 

I may or may not have just gone postal on a poor car salesman who just had the poor luck of sending an email I could reply to.

 

He also ate at an Indian restaurant and got an e-receipt.  I may lose my shit if he keeps this up.

HE'S A CIO/CTO.

 

This makes it wayyyyyy better.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this common for a dealership to offer 0% financing for 63 months? Is there a catch? What are any pitfalls? $15.87 x 18 (Impreza) = $285.66 monthly payment at no down payment.

 

Fine Print in picture: "Now through September 30, 2020, get 0% APR Financing for 63 months on all new 2020 Ascent, Impreza, Forester, Legacy, and Outback Models. No down payment required. Monthly payment of $15.87 per $1,000 financed. Offer may vary by location. Other rates and payment terms available. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, direct/email offer or promotional offer unless allowed by the offer. Financing for well-qualified applicants only. Length of contract is limited. Subject to credit approval, vehicle insurance approval and vehicle availability. See participating retailers for details. Must take delivery from retailer stock by September 30, 2020."

 

GThPf6o.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by StarkRaven$
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Is this common for a dealership to offer 0% financing for 63 months? Is there a catch? What are any pitfalls? $15.87 x 18 (Impreza) = $285.66 monthly payment at no down payment.

 

Fine Print in picture: "Now through September 30, 2020, get 0% APR Financing for 63 months on all new 2020 Ascent, Impreza, Forester, Legacy, and Outback Models. No down payment required. Monthly payment of $15.87 per $1,000 financed. Offer may vary by location. Other rates and payment terms available. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, direct/email offer or promotional offer unless allowed by the offer. Financing for well-qualified applicants only. Length of contract is limited. Subject to credit approval, vehicle insurance approval and vehicle availability. See participating retailers for details. Must take delivery from retailer stock by September 30, 2020."

 

GThPf6o.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's an offer from the manufacturer's captive finance company.  

 

The catch appears to be that the 0% APR disqualifies you from many/most other types of incentives on the same vehicle.

 

You are often money ahead taking a higher APR and a rebate instead of 0% APR and no rebate, but obviously you should do the math to figure out which is better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Is this common for a dealership to offer 0% financing for 63 months? Is there a catch? What are any pitfalls? $15.87 x 18 (Impreza) = $285.66 monthly payment at no down payment.

 

Fine Print in picture: "Now through September 30, 2020, get 0% APR Financing for 63 months on all new 2020 Ascent, Impreza, Forester, Legacy, and Outback Models. No down payment required. Monthly payment of $15.87 per $1,000 financed. Offer may vary by location. Other rates and payment terms available. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, direct/email offer or promotional offer unless allowed by the offer. Financing for well-qualified applicants only. Length of contract is limited. Subject to credit approval, vehicle insurance approval and vehicle availability. See participating retailers for details. Must take delivery from retailer stock by September 30, 2020."

 

GThPf6o.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Are you thinking of buying a new Subaru?

Link to post
Share on other sites

0% from the captive for five or six years has been common across parts of at least the past decade.  As noted, you give up a lot of other bonus cash.  Some places still allow haggling on price but will still push the paperwork at 0%.

 

The 63 months is likely designed to bring in the "I want the no payments for 90 days like the other dealerships can offer" crowd.  But if they are doing THAT deal, expect even less room on the negotiations to exist.  They ALSO know that too many people won't pay extra each month so the schmuck is still going to be upside down when they come back to trade in a few years...the smart buyer would have a loan that small cleared in less than three years even though it was free money (for all intents and purposes). 

 

I vaguely recall mom having gotten 0% when she got an Outback a few years ago.  Note was burned last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When my mom bought her Outback in '14, it was 0% for 5 years. She also bought right before the redesigned '15s were released, so she got a metric buttload off, plus the 0%. I want to say hers stickered for just under $40K, and she paid $34.5K OTD for the last 3.6R with the 5EAT in the state. I'd like to see her get into something else now but she's still in love with it, and only put 4K miles on it this year so I guess there's no need for anything different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cv91915 said:

You are often money ahead taking a higher APR and a rebate instead of 0% APR and no rebate, but obviously you should do the math to figure out which is better.

I've heard that you can sometimes negotiate a lower price if you opt for financing with an APR. The dealer gets a bit of money from the financing company. So rather than paying cash, take the financing then promptly pay it off for the win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cashnocredit said:

I've heard that you can sometimes negotiate a lower price if you opt for financing with an APR. The dealer gets a bit of money from the financing company. So rather than paying cash, take the financing then promptly pay it off for the win. 

I've tried that a couple of times and didn't get a taker.  

 

The front of the house is paid on gross (and volume) on vehicle sales, and the F&I department's profitability is generally measured separately.  

 

It makes this a little convoluted to negotiate since not everyone's interests are aligned, and there often isn't enough money involved to stir any one party's passion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      181,149
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    Darylwhite95
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines