Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

The Car Thread

On 1/31/2020 at 10:34 AM, centex said:

Yeah, know about the low miles element, but this wasn't going to be daily driver anyhow...even the F-Type is only out a few days per week.  The local offer only required first month and taxes/registration at delivery.  

Houston has one of the so-called HALO offerings (59 total) but that BRG and yellow just doesn't do much for me and is begging to be pulled over for being somewhat beyond the posted speed limits...Austin has a more demure color combination, to the extent that 500+ HP can be 'demure.'  The pearl white exterior is nice in that it doesn't scream out to the po-po, but that black interior is not exactly Texas summer-friendly...

Both are AMR offerings. 

As I look at some of the discussions, it looked like the current "special" is not dissimilar from what Aston Martin ran towards the end of last year, so I am not overly concerned about having to get a deal done today. 

Following up...I did not expect finding insurance to be such hassle.  Financing would be the easiest of the two fiscal tasks.  My carrier for the primary vehicles does not do Aston coverage and the specialty carrier on my others does not want to insure a leased vehicle.  When I asked for a number as a purchase, they then said "without previous 'supercar' experience, we would have to decline." As if a 500HP vehicle that stickers under $200K is a 'supercar.' Next up on the companies to call will be Grundy...

There are definitely elements of the AMR that I liked (I actually drove two on Saturday) and some that I was surprised at for a vehicle in that tier...and, admittedly, I was surprised to see the hood open from the front as opposed to tilting forward like the XK8 and the F-Type.  The design definitely makes the Vantage seem as though it was the older cousin of the F-Type...many similarities in design. 

I was floored by the lease number on the AMR though.  I knew it would be more than the advertised specials but was NOT expecting a number that approached $4K per month.  It would actually be cheaper to just buy the damned thing...that was about $3200 per month for the seven years they crunched numbers for.  Also of note is that, although the three-year warranty has unlimited miles, there is nothing 'complimentary' during the warranty period (unlike the Jag, which covered all routine maintenance aside from tires in the first four years or 60K miles).  

I keep getting service offers from the local BMW dealer for my "2 Series."

2 hours ago, NorCalR1 said:

Late responding to this thread, but for a Shelby SuperSnake done in Heg's home town of Vegas, yeah, I could see spending that money, if I had it of course, which I don't.

Yeah, but this isn't one of the aftermarket versions as near as I can tell...this is the standard off-the-truck priced-DORA version.  It would be different if the story indicated they took a standard one, sent it to Vegas and had it come back as the 1K+ HP versions...

I'd pony up for the Aston before I paid $180K for a Mustang though...and yes, there was a pun intended there.

I just got back from a 150-mile joyride that started as a trip to the grocery store.

I feel like a new person.  🤸‍♂️ 

12 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I just got back from a 150-mile joyride that started as a trip to the grocery store.

I just walked out of my house yesterday with a "I'm going for a drive" and that ended up being a 100 mile joyride to the SC border and back.

There may have been loud music and scream singing involved.

I am half as stressed.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:09 PM, cv91915 said:

DW went to the grocery store yesterday - in Louisville.

Y’all crack me up. I’be done this sort of thing for years. Sometimes just getting out and going nowhere in particular is a wonderful thing. 

21 hours ago, kaylee34 said:

Y’all crack me up. I’be done this sort of thing for years. Sometimes just getting out and going nowhere in particular is a wonderful thing. 

Could be a more common thing with oil under $12/bbl which means even the over-priced locales like Cali could see cheap gas in the coming weeks...even with the price drops in the past month, they are STILL far too overpriced out there.   

Warmer weather is coming this weekend. Haven't been to a gas station yet, but would be happy to see prices falling. That said, it will be harder and harder to keep Californian's at home. Warm weather plus cheap gas, and the Governor should be concerned about voluntary compliance.

2 hours ago, NorCalR1 said:

Warmer weather is coming this weekend. Haven't been to a gas station yet, but would be happy to see prices falling. That said, it will be harder and harder to keep Californian's at home. Warm weather plus cheap gas, and the Governor should be concerned about voluntary compliance.

Just looking at Gas Buddy, it appears in San Jose you can find regular at an Arco for $2.35

53 minutes ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I'm not a fan of the Rolls. I would, I would, however, rock a Bentley Bentayga or Flying Spur.

I love the new Mulsanne Speed.

If I ever get one, it'll be from these fckers.

AxiiBYK.jpg

On 5/8/2020 at 4:55 PM, cv91915 said:

I love the new Mulsanne Speed.

I mentioned this at dinner last night.  TAD told me to go buy one.  

"Don't you want to know how much they cost?"

"I don't need to.  You'll never spend the money."

I guess after 11+ years there's no mystery left.