Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

China social credit score

14 hours ago, trubliever82 said:

Hard to separate the myth from the reality.

The only credit reporting system that matters at all is run by the People's Bank of China and called the Credit Reference Center.  The CRC is the bureau that every bank is obligated to report to and every bank is obligated to check prior to extending any type of credit.  It is also checked by potential employers in the public sector for every new hire and, on a rolling basis, all current employees.  Only data resulting from credit transactions with banks is reported.  Judgments and liens are not recorded.  One unique feature of the CRC system is that it does list individuals who are banned from participation in credit transactions based on poor credit history involving default or involvement in what's termed "malicious overdraft". Malicious overdraft, a criminal offense, is the term used when you do not repay debt obligations to the bank.  Not every default is malicious overdraft, just those that you should have known would be defaulted on.  For example, you run up massive debt and then unexpectedly lose your job.  That is not malicious overdraft.  On the other hand, you lose your job and then run up massive credit card debt is malicious overdraft.  

Another system is run by the court system and covers judgments, liens and financial-related criminal matters to include malicious overdraft and other assorted crimes.  This system, except for what I mentioned about malicious overdrafts, is not normally checked before extending credit or employment.  Now a new combined CRC & Court Records System is being established somewhat on the level with our own CRAs in the US.  The biggest difference between this and our CRAs, however, is how the data is utilized.  China has a population nearly 5 times that of the US so it has never been possible to really enforce judgments or certain court orders.  Now, however, certain entities must run a check in the new system prior to allowing certain activities.  For example, let's say you owe $2,500 in back child support.  In the US they would suspend your driver license and revoke your passport.  Suspending your license in China means nothing since there are only 2 traffic police officers for every million people or so.  Even then, records checks between provinces are not easily accomplished.  Now the new system is set up so that when you want to buy an airline ticket or check in at the airport, your record is checked.  That child support you owe means you are barred from flying.  So you decide to take the high-speed train instead.  Barred.  You can, however, take the ordinary slow train or the local equivalent of Greyhound bus.  They extend this to other  areas, too, such as crossing the border, getting a job, buying a car, and being a house.  

And it makes sense.  If you can't pay $100 in back child support, WTF should you spend $1,000 on airfare to go home and see your elderly parents for the holiday?  

That is the reality.  That is the official system.

There is a parallel system that is more social in nature, but does not really penalize people for illegal behavior and poor financial decisions.   That system is run on local level and is basically a Good Neighbor System.  If you pee on the sidewalk, you don't get a discount on your electric bill.  If you help old people cross the street, you get a few extra cubic meters of water free each month.  But this system does not prevent you from travel, buying a car or flying.  Again, with the extremely large population China has, maybe it's worth trying to promote good citizenship.  For fuk sake, God knows we need that in the US now more than ever.    

1788282361.jpg?altimages=false&scaleup=t

It didn't take long to condition people with the belief that they need someone to watch over them. What happened to the American spirit of individuality, and self-reliance?

Edited by ccn3

1 hour ago, ccn3 said:

1788282361.jpg?altimages=false&scaleup=t

It didn't take long to condition people with the belief that they need someone to watch over them. What happened to the American spirit of individuality, and self-reliance?

Are you on crack?

Do you know how many surveillance cameras there are in any major US city?  And as much as Big Brother is alive and well in the US, you'd think they wouldn't be doing such a sh!tty job of it.  Credit card fraud is rampant.  Bankruptcy fraud is high.  Hardly anybody is paying their child support with record passport revocations and driver license suspensions on record.  

China may be in many aspects a sh!thole, but people pay their bills.  Banks don't have to dik you with fees to make up for the deadbeats that don't pay ... precisely because there are very few individual deadbeats.  You can apply for any credit card you want and get approved even though you have a thin file, a million inquiries, and a very low average age of accounts as long as there is nothing derogatory.  In the US?  Yeah, when pigs freaking fly.  

The US should be kissing George Orwell's hairy arse.  

10 hours ago, PotO said:

Are you on crack?

Do you know how many surveillance cameras there are in any major US city?  And as much as Big Brother is alive and well in the US, you'd think they wouldn't be doing such a sh!tty job of it.  Credit card fraud is rampant.  Bankruptcy fraud is high.  Hardly anybody is paying their child support with record passport revocations and driver license suspensions on record.  

China may be in many aspects a sh!thole, but people pay their bills.  Banks don't have to dik you with fees to make up for the deadbeats that don't pay ... precisely because there are very few individual deadbeats.  You can apply for any credit card you want and get approved even though you have a thin file, a million inquiries, and a very low average age of accounts as long as there is nothing derogatory.  In the US?  Yeah, when pigs freaking fly.  

The US should be kissing George Orwell's hairy arse.  

You think I'm on crack because I read books, think about unintended consequences, and speak up for my right to be left alone? If you like totalitarianism so much then move to China. America is supposed to be a free country where nobody can make you do anything. You will regret supporting this network of control when it starts being used in ways of which you do not approve.

5 hours ago, ccn3 said:

You think I'm on crack because I read books, think about unintended consequences, and speak up for my right to be left alone? If you like totalitarianism so much then move to China. America is supposed to be a free country where nobody can make you do anything. You will regret supporting this network of control when it starts being used in ways of which you do not approve.

Jethro, I'm already stationed in China.  🙄

You sound like one of those Sovereign Citizen nutjobs.  Sorry to disappoint you, though, all the little green men from Mars than we've been training in Area 51 have returned home.  

22 minutes ago, cashnocredit said:

Tian gao, Huangdi yuan

On the other hand, one probably wouldn't want to be a landlord in the late 40's.

Yeah, nowadays they say "The mountain is high and the emperor is far". :)

There was a time I heard when landlords were strung up.  Fortunately, those times have passed.  :)

Edited by PotO

28 minutes ago, PotO said:

Yeah, nowadays they say "The mountain is high and the emperor is far". :)

There was a time I heard when landlords were strung up.  Fortunately, those times have passed.  :)

Yeah. China is a rather interesting country. We had a Chinese tech for a few years in the late 80's while her husband was in grad school. I remember observing her and noting her distress  listening to news reports re the Tiananmen Square events and ultimate crackdown. She was pretty upset about it.  She was a really good tech. Smart and dependable, but of course she returned to China after her husband graduated a few years later.

But my take on TS was somewhat different. Surprised that the government allowed the capital to be effectively shut down for weeks by the demonstrators blocking streets with overturned busses and such. Can't imagine anything similar in D.C. without deploying whatever would be required to end it.  Demonstrations are legit and no big deal but shutting down the whole town for weeks and burning busses on the main roads? Not going to happen.  But the CP was still smarting from the metastasized Cultural Revolution so they dithered around far too long and the cost was high by that point.

Ethnic Chinese, even where a small minority, are pretty economically dominant in most Asian countries. Lot's of resentment from the majorities because, economically, they punch above their weight. Especially places like Malaysia, Vietnam, etc.

8 hours ago, PotO said:

Jethro, I'm already stationed in China.  🙄

You sound like one of those Sovereign Citizen nutjobs.  Sorry to disappoint you, though, all the little green men from Mars than we've been training in Area 51 have returned home.  

Good for you. If that's the life you want, then I'm glad you get to live around like-minded people.  Personally I prefer freedom, so I will stay in America, and work to keep my privacy and individualism. Instead of stooping to your level and insulting your intelligence, and degrading you, I will just wish you good luck.

You all better watch out. This board absolutely forbids political content.

Consider this fair warning. Stop it now!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk on a beach far far away.

If you can't see it, it's working. 

I've personally seen it used to successfully apprehend real criminals that were wanted.  

They even captured my wife.  She looks strikingly similar to a known Xin Jiang terrorist and they grabbed her in the Shanghai airport seconds after she arrived.  After they realized the error, they let her go.  Arriving at the hotel, right after checking in they were knocking at her door.  For a while there I had hopes of escaping marital hell, but alas not meant to happen.  😁