Sign in to follow this  
TCBNow

MyFico still valid and legit real FICOS?! Elderly mother needs new car fast

Hello,

I haven't been on here in years so I"m not sure if MyFico scores are still THE official scores.  I'm asking because I found some recent (late 2017 and early 2018) late payments on two of my elderly mother's closed credit card accounts on TU and EQ but not Exp.  We are leasing/financing a car tomorrow for her at hopefully, Honda.  I don't know who they use to check credit. 

I want to know how negatively these lates (due to my dad's dementia) will affect her rate.  I thought checking MyFico would at least show me if her score is only affected partially.  Her Credit Karma score is 780 but I know that is not very accurate.  But everything I'm seeing seems to show the MyFico is no good anymore. 

Where can I pay for the best scores to see if we need to wait to get her a car (which would be majorly inconvenient)?

I have seen 743 score variance between credit karma and a real trademarked Fico score. American Honda Finance always has extremely attractive lease factors. The only way you can do a lease with them us through the dealership. The dealership will need a credit app then they will pull the score and provide the credit score disclosure notice. Then you know the 3 digit number. American Honda Finance will only use a FICO score.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

I have seen 743 score variance between credit karma and a real trademarked Fico score. American Honda Finance always has extremely attractive lease factors. The only way you can do a lease with them us through the dealership. The dealership will need a credit app then they will pull the score and provide the credit score disclosure notice. Then you know the 3 digit number. American Honda Finance will only use a FICO score.

Thanks, Marv!  Do you know which score/report Honda pulls?  The lates are not on Experian.  And is it worth paying for Myfico scores to check before I go to Honda?  I don't want a hard pull on her report if we are not buying that day.  

I honestly don't know what version the FICO site provides to consumers. Us dealers and Honda will use an auto-enhanced version. On Experian I know its auto enhanced Fico V3.

40 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

I honestly don't know what version the FICO site provides to consumers. Us dealers and Honda will use an auto-enhanced version. On Experian I know its auto enhanced Fico V3.

Thanks, Marv.  She has had a pretty clean report other than those lates and her monthly expenses are very low, only 500 a month toward a home equity line of credit.  She hasn't worked since 2005 but gets a pretty sizeable monthly pension.  I'm just hoping my dad's dementia doesn't screw her over for a lease.  Thanks again for your help!