Nlauzier860

Amex 14 day message after prequalifying - executive team is handling it?

Hi all. 

Im really confused what AMEX is doing to me. 

I checked prequals on their site, BCE and ED as well as Delta were my options. I selected ED and applied. 

“Sorry Noah, we cant make a decision right now.” Followed by 14 day message. 

I applied on the 16th. Maybe I’m being impatient. 

I called in and inquired a few times. AMEX New Accounts is hit or miss according to this board so I wanted to see the general concensous.  One man told me the executive office was reviewing the application. I asked to be transferred but they’re not “customer facing,” so no luck. 

Im 18, AAOA is 7 months. 1.5yrs history (AU on a Barclays JetBlue card) my Fico8 is a 711. No derogatory marks. All accounts are PIF. 100% payment history. I’m puzzled as to why it’s a 14 day!! I feel as though this is an easy decision to make. MyFICO.com shows my risk being accessed at 6%. 

One rep told me “when it ships out do you prefer next day shipping or post?” Is that a good sign?

I really wish AMEX was more transparent throughout this process. I’ll be really upset if I wasted a HP on a prequal to ultimately be denied. Yes, I understand prequals don’t mean anything other than me fitting the profile. I heard AMEX was very solid about it though. 

What do do you all think?

thanks!

Welcome to Crediboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the bottom of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, breeze & MarvBear

2 hours ago, get.randy said:

You're only 18, so there are additional items they must consider due to the CARD Act.

Which items would these be? Thank you

24 minutes ago, Nlauzier860 said:

Which items would these be? Thank you

the CARD Act impacts 18-20 year olds who may or may not be students.

43 minutes ago, hegemony said:

the CARD Act impacts 18-20 year olds who may or may not be students.

My other two cards I hold never seemed to have an issue going through though. 

Both were instant approvals with citi and discover. 

14 hours ago, Nlauzier860 said:

My other two cards I hold never seemed to have an issue going through though. 

Both were instant approvals with citi and discover. 

Every issuer has its own underwriting and approval procedures and guidelines.