Sign in to follow this  
TheVig

BofA Travel Rewards Visa. Who has it?

Anybody here have this card? What value are you getting from it? Are the redemptions worth it?

I keep getting emails and pop ups for it when I log into my account. Also DW called me to let me know they sent a pre approval offer in the mail. Opt out language and fixed apr, and so on.

:wave: 

Without Preferred Rewards it's a Quicksilver.

$0.015 per dollar.

But then it's 

+ 25% to 75% bonus depending on your Preferred Rewards tier.

Flat 2.675% back on general spending with no annual fee is right up there near the best.

At 1.5% it's a bowl-winder.

Edited by cv91915

Someone will be along soon to reflexively state how dumb it is to put up to $100k in Bank of America checking and savings accounts at virtually 0% APY.

As if that's what I've done.  :swoon: 

Brokerage and many other Merrill account balances count toward the Preferred Reward thresholds. 

Edited by cv91915

30 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

:wave: 

Without Preferred Rewards it's a Quicksilver.

$0.015 per dollar.

But then it's 

+ 25% to 75% bonus depending on your Preferred Rewards tier.

Flat 2.675% back on general spending with no annual fee is right up there near the best.

At 1.5% it's a bowl-winder.

Thank you for bringing back from the ledge.

54 minutes ago, mendelssohn said:

That’s pretty dumb to put $100K in a BoA checking or savings account at virtually 0% APY. 😛

I think CV meant 2.625%.

At some point earning too much interest on savings just becomes a nuisance, just like doing math.

I’ve decided against it. Besides I don’t want risk getting approved, only to see my Cash Rewards visa $25k CL get cannibalized.

I've had this card on the back burner.  I imagined I would divert some IRA funds to qualify for the max card reward rate.

Still, I have a distaste for "travel reward" cards that define themselves by application of rewards on general purchases to offset travel charges on the card.  Thats's simply arbitrary; not an enhanced feature.

47 minutes ago, hdporter said:

I've had this card on the back burner.  I imagined I would divert some IRA funds to qualify for the max card reward rate.

Still, I have a distaste for "travel reward" cards that define themselves by application of rewards on general purchases to offset travel charges on the card.  Thats's simply arbitrary; not an enhanced feature.

I just consider it a cash back card.  

You could always take a Sharpie and scratch out the word "Travel" on the front of the card.

At least they don't call the rewards "miles."

58 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

At least they don't call the rewards "miles."

Actually, it's < Miles :D

89p04l4.jpg?1