Sign in to follow this  
XScottX

From 2 toy limits cards to a solid CL

Over the last 7 weeks I have got 2 cards. 

C1 for $500

Navy fed 750

Today, I got approved for penfed platinum rewards for 14,500.

I'll pay the 2 small balances off the toys the use each for gas once a month, and revolve all utilities on the penfed.

I have a personal loan that I need to get down to $500 or so, then I'll apply for a Chase or some other higher end card around july. 

According to fico 9 I'm 767? 

Penfed sent me my credit report this morning or their assessment, they score my EQ at 768, and then says "negative factors" New accounts ok fine, then says open accounts with high balances. Which I find interesting because the only one that is close is my personal loan. 

The reason I mention it is, so fico's formula says that shouldnt matter, but we all know that it does effect your score. Next commission i will pay off to about 90% of starting, and carry it for another year. 

Now I have 3 or 4 new accounts, so that will ding me for about a year, but curious to how much the personal loan is holding me back. I'd like to be in the 800's somewhere by August.