Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

Son defies mom, chooses to get vaccinated at 18: 'God knows how I'm still alive'

Momma will be there wagging her finger when he comes down with autism* and becomes disabled

*I'm not poking fun at those with autism spectrum disorders. I'm lampooning the anti-vaxxers who insist that vaccines cause autism.

A friend of mine has a son who is autistic. He hates anti-vaxxers, faith healers who con people out of their money, and the only essential oil that matters is bacon grease. Happens to be Jewish. Special dispensation from his rabbi I guess.

Good for him. The reason he's still alive is others have got vaccinated.

Imagine if everyone refused the polio vaccine from the day it became available. Iron lungs would be so common that one would be able to buy a model at Wal-Mart.

1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:

Iron lungs would be so common that one would be able to buy a model at Wal-Mart.

Interesting contraption that. News article on local TV a while back showed one of the few remaining polio survivors in an iron lung. The iron lung was apparently replaced sometime in the late 1960's. Now, technicians have to find machines from deceased users to get parts to fix one of the few functioning ones.

if someone has a real medical reason (e.g., allergy to an ingredient or growth environment) I'm okay with not getting the jabs but all these damn snowflakes believing in fake science is disgusting.

As a mom of an autistic son, I can't stand the anti anti-vaxxers either. That whole study that was done, that supposedly linked the MMR vaccine to Autism, was based on fraudulent data. None of it was true! Why can't people comprehend that?

Edited by butterflywings

1 hour ago, butterflywings said:

As a mom of an autistic son, I can't stand the anti anti-vaxxers either. That whole study that was done, that supposedly linked the MMR vaccine to Autism, was based on fraudulent data. None of it was true! Why can't people comprehend that?

Comprehension is beyond the ability of the conspiracy theorist. Calling the conclusion fraudulent is part of the conspiracy, the bogeyman wants you to believe the results of that fraudulent study were wrong so the other bogeyman behind the mind control, autism causing vaccines can profit and benefit the remainder of the Medical Establishment with required lifetimes of intensive medical care.

More basic for the conspiracy theories:  how many people would it require keep the secret? 

In this day and age, they can believe that a secret that large could be kept?

The recipes for Coca Cola, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and the true killer of JFK have kept secret for all these years. A little thing like the vaccine conspiracy theory is nothing.

the problem is, with most of these nutters, if clear evidence to disprove a conspiracy was revealed they would scream THAT is the conspiracy!!!

The only "herbs and spices" found on KFC chicken are ordinary salt and pepper.  The secret of the recipe is that there is no secret recipe.

Edited by mk_378