Gewch

BK Dispute and Removal

After reading through numerous posts and articles online, I thought I would try my hand at removing a CH7 BK from 2012.

I disputed with all 3 CRAs online  for inaccurate information (although for whatever reason I can NEVER get logged into EQ so had to do that one over the phone).  TU came back the next day deleted.  I saw a blip on my report for EQ that the BK has been removed and then added, so I called (again since I can’t get logged in online) and was told it came back “Verified”.  The EQ agent gave little information that they called the courts and verified it, but also told me they updated the date it was filed.  This sparked my interest since the date was previously correct, but after the dispute they updated it to incorrect information (filing date).  After reading and researching it sounds like they likely did some type of automated verification with LexisNexis or such, so I was hoping to use the PR process, but now I’m confused as to my next steps since I can obviously prove the date is wrong.

Should I re-dispute it again as inaccurate? Should I send the PR to EQ first? Should I try to obtain a document from the court that they don’t release the information? Should I request my Full Disclosure from LexisNexis first and dispute with them?

Still waiting to to hear back from EX...

Thanks for any advice and the trove of treasure you offer on CB!

Edited by Gewch

On 2/11/2019 at 3:44 PM, Gewch said:

After reading through numerous posts and articles online, I thought I would try my hand at removing a CH7 BK from 2012.

I disputed with all 3 CRAs online  for inaccurate information (although for whatever reason I can NEVER get logged into EQ so had to do that one over the phone).  TU came back the next day deleted.  I saw a blip on my report for EQ that the BK has been removed and then added, so I called (again since I can’t get logged in online) and was told it came back “Verified”.  The EQ agent gave little information that they called the courts and verified it, but also told me they updated the date it was filed.  This sparked my interest since the date was previously correct, but after the dispute they updated it to incorrect information (filing date).  After reading and researching it sounds like they likely did some type of automated verification with LexisNexis or such, so I was hoping to use the PR process, but now I’m confused as to my next steps since I can obviously prove the date is wrong.

Should I re-dispute it again as inaccurate? Should I send the PR to EQ first? Should I try to obtain a document from the court that they don’t release the information? Should I request my Full Disclosure from LexisNexis first and dispute with them?

Still waiting to to hear back from EX...

Thanks for any advice and the trove of treasure you offer on CB!

Of course YMMV but my personal experience with EQ was simple. Had all third party LN, Innovis, Sagestream etc. frozen. My file date was off by a month and mailed a dispute stating never filed  BK on that date which was verified  Called and the agent naturally said it was verified by the court.

Asked for a supervisor and she repeated the same and I advised her the court told me they don’t verify such info. Requested to speak to her superior.

Was transferred to Atlanta and was shocked when the person who answered said “you’re right this BK is not correct”  and deleted while I was on the phone. He wished me a nice day and the BK has been gone since. 

On 2/21/2019 at 9:35 AM, StantheMan said:

Of course YMMV but my personal experience with EQ was simple. Had all third party LN, Innovis, Sagestream etc. frozen. My file date was off by a month and mailed a dispute stating never filed  BK on that date which was verified  Called and the agent naturally said it was verified by the court.

Asked for a supervisor and she repeated the same and I advised her the court told me they don’t verify such info. Requested to speak to her superior.

Was transferred to Atlanta and was shocked when the person who answered said “you’re right this BK is not correct”  and deleted while I was on the phone. He wished me a nice day and the BK has been gone since. 

I have a question, Need to call LN to dispute BK , or I have to send them some documents ? Is there any way to know this, Thanks

On 2/12/2019 at 7:13 AM, hegemony said:

welcome to CB!

phone and online disputes are not recommended for this type action.

Can you tell me please your recommendation ? It will be great full , Thanks