woppinger

Amex airline incidental fee reimbursement question

I have an Amex Gold card with $100 credit for incidental fees charged by one airline.

I have an upcoming flight to London - first leg within the US is with Delta, second leg to London is with Virgin Atlantic "operated by Delta", with the reverse on the way home.

I assume if I pick Delta for my airline, I will be able to get bag check fees ($60 on the way out, and $40 of $60 on the way back) reimbursed?  Just want to make sure the the VA flights technically would count as Delta flights for this purpose.

14 hours ago, woppinger said:

I have an Amex Gold card with $100 credit for incidental fees charged by one airline.

I have an upcoming flight to London - first leg within the US is with Delta, second leg to London is with Virgin Atlantic "operated by Delta", with the reverse on the way home.

I assume if I pick Delta for my airline, I will be able to get bag check fees ($60 on the way out, and $40 of $60 on the way back) reimbursed?  Just want to make sure the the VA flights technically would count as Delta flights for this purpose.

Why not just turn that $100 into cash?  You are making things too complicated. 

Logic would say that the credits are based on the merchant making the charge. 

If you hand your credit card to a Delta agent, Delta will be the merchant. 

If you hand the card to a Virgin Atlantic employee...

Who did you buy the ticket with?

If you bought the ticket on Delta, go to the Delta website and pre-pay the baggage.  It will code as an incidental and AmEx will give you the $100.

If you bought the ticket on VA, go to their website and pre-pay the baggage.  

Or just buy two $50 GCs on whatever airline suits you and you'll get that credited, too.  

8 hours ago, woppinger said:

I bought it on Expedia, checking the statement it looks like it was actually bought from Virgin Atlantic.

I'd select whichever airline you use most often and get two $50 GCs.