TheVig

Vig’s Choice Hotels Stays and Points Earnings 2019

Starting this thread to document the points earning potential of the Choice Privileges program. This thread hopefully may be of value to the budget traveler. Nothing against Hyatt or Marriott, but the sun doesn’t have to rise and set with just those two programs.

Choice Hotels include the following properties:

Ascend Hotel Collection

Cambria Hotels

Comfort Inn

Comfort Suites

Sleep Inn

Quality Inn

Clarion

Mainstay Suites

Suburban Extended Stay

Econo Lodge

Rodeway Inn

Woodspring Suites** Recently acquired by Choice Hotels

Free nights typically start around 8000 points per night.

Choice Privileges Visa earns 5 points per $ spent directly at Choice properties. 2 points for everything else. Hotel stays earn 10 points per $ spent. Numerous promotions are ran all the time further boosting points earning.

Started 2019 with 890 points.

South Carolina 1/28/2019-2/1/2019

Quality Inn 4 nights 3020 points

Winter Double Points Promotion 3020

Choice Your Extra Bonus Points 400

YTD Points 7330

I will add the points earned from the Choice Privileges Visa when those actually post.

South Carolina 2/4/2019-2/8/2019

Quality Inn 4 nights 2600

Winter Double Promotion 2600

Points recieved at check in 260

YTD Points 13,190

19 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

So how many points does it take to get a free upgrade to a vibrating bed?

Lol. Haven’t seen one of those in years.

For logistical reasons I may switch an upcoming one-night stay at a Marriott brand in a larger market to an Econo Lodge in my home town.  

Since I don't stay in Choice properties often enough to accumulate a meaningful number of points, I will provide my AAdvantage number at check-in and pick up a few miles.  1,500 miles based on the current promotion.

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/earn-points/airline-miles

Last time I stayed at this Econo Lodge the woman behind the front desk recognized my last name, and after talking for a few minutes it was revealed that she and my brother once... um...  YOU know.  

At that point I wanted to throw up, so I just went to my room and put my fist through a wall.

8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

For logistical reasons I may switch an upcoming one-night stay at a Marriott brand in a larger market to an Econo Lodge in my home town.  

Since I don't stay in Choice properties often enough to accumulate a meaningful number of points, I will provide my AAdvantage number at check-in and pick up a few miles.  1,500 miles based on the current promotion.

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/earn-points/airline-miles

Last time I stayed at this Econo Lodge the woman behind the front desk recognized my last name, and after talking for a few minutes it was revealed that she and my brother once... um...  YOU know.  

At that point I wanted to throw up, so I just went to my room and put my fist through a wall.

:lol:

Edited by bigpoppa09

Choice Privileges Visa 34,887 points. Not everything has posted yet. Also waiting on first statement to cut. SUB of 32,000 showed up pretty quick after meeting SUB spend.

YTD Total: 48,077 points

South Carolina 2/11/2019-2/15/2019

Quality Inn 4 nights 2600 

Winter Double Promotion 2600

Points recieved at check in 260

YTD Points Total: 53,937