hegemony

If you work for a bank as a programmer and spot a loophole in the system allowing someone to withdraw lots of free money, what do you do?

On 2/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, hegemony said:

Reminds me about back in 2009 or so a couple of programmers for Agricultural Bank of China developed a system to skim $0.01 from each account account in ABC and walk away with about $10,000,000.  

They did a test run on a handful of accounts and collected $25.  Within a week they got caught.  Within three months, executed.  If anything, Chinese banks are safe.  :rofl:

6 hours ago, PotO said:

Reminds me about back in 2009 or so a couple of programmers for Agricultural Bank of China developed a system to skim $0.01 from each account account in ABC and walk away with about $10,000,000.  

They did a test run on a handful of accounts and collected $25.  Within a week they got caught.  Within three months, executed.  If anything, Chinese banks are safe.  :rofl:

Other countries should use this same system.

9 hours ago, Kat58 said:

Other countries should use this same system.

Sweetie, I need to disagree.  It's preposterous to execute a criminal in three months.

Two months, at most, would be just fine.  :)

59 minutes ago, PotO said:

Sweetie, I need to disagree.  It's preposterous to execute a criminal in three months.

Two months, at most, would be just fine.  :)

No chit! All those delays and whatchamacallits are total bs, especially when the accused has confessed to wrong doing. Instead other counties have to wait a gazillion years and when it eventually happens has to be done in an humane way. WTF

Edited by Kat58

When I am dicktater, immediately following a trial and a conviction, we'll grind them into sliders and serve them on Hawaiian rolls, topped with slices of pear and wedges of melted brie.

While that incident was outside of the United States, there are instances where the request to not prosecute precludes the entry into public record what the precise breach was and why it went undetected.  Sometimes a business would rather that sort of thing NOT be a matter of public record...

37 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

They eventually quit Initech and soon after the building burned down

fancy-red-stapler-office-space-quote-mil

Yeah, if you could just get me those TPS report. That'd be great.