Sign in to follow this  
Crackedcredit

Credit Accounts Nuked -- The Aftermath

Almost a year from this month I nuked my credit accounts and plummeted my credit score by doing balance transfers that maxed out a few of my cards.

Bank of America shut all my credit accounts down.

In the next few days the credit card with the biggest utility rate of 58% will be paid down to 25%.

My credit score has crawled up to 711 currently.

Do you think it's possible to call BoA credit analyst to reinstate my accounts given my current performance?

BoA has some of the oldest accounts and reinstating them would help my score dramatically.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, Crackedcredit said:

Almost a year from this month I nuked my credit accounts and plummeted my credit score by doing balance transfers that maxed out a few of my cards.

Bank of America shut all my credit accounts down.

In the next few days the credit card with the biggest utility rate of 58% will be paid down to 25%.

My credit score has crawled up to 711 currently.

Do you think it's possible to call BoA credit analyst to reinstate my accounts given my current performance?

BoA has some of the oldest accounts and reinstating them would help my score dramatically.

define "nuked"

On 2/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Crackedcredit said:

They are still counted in your AAoA so reopening them wouldn't help with that. They will continue reporting for up to 9 more years. The only thing it would do is give you more available credit which could help your score some depending on what other accounts and lines you already have open. But I would focus attention elsewhere. And learn from your mistake so you never max out cards with BTs again.