Kat58

BestBuy Deal of the Day - Microsoft Surface Pro

2 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Meh.

Too old?

Hey, it's 48% off!

It's not even an Intel i5, only has 4GB RAM which is the bare somewhat useful minimum for Windows 10. I suppose its okay if one is an aspiring SJW trolling internet forums while on the couch of their mom's basement.

Surface Pro's are the worst built computers ever.  Impossible to upgrade or repair.  Everything is soldered in including CPUs and memory.  You cannot open them up without destroying the case, they are literally glued together.  Search YouTube fir videos of people trying.  Utter garbage.

1 hour ago, clutchcargo said:

Surface Pro's are the worst built computers ever.  Impossible to upgrade or repair.  Everything is soldered in including CPUs and memory.  You cannot open them up without destroying the case, they are literally glued together.  Search YouTube fir videos of people trying.  Utter garbage.

They are not intended to be upgradable. This was Microsoft's answer to the iPad. Unfortunately Apple has gone that route also with the newest generation of Macbooks. Not upgradable, so if you go cheap on the initial purchase you're stuck with what you have. Lenovo went there with essentially non-serviceable laptops with the X1 Carbon.

10 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

They are not intended to be upgradable. This was Microsoft's answer to the iPad. Unfortunately Apple has gone that route also with the newest generation of Macbooks. Not upgradable, so if you go cheap on the initial purchase you're stuck with what you have. Lenovo went there with essentially non-serviceable laptops with the X1 Carbon.

yeah, they're pretty much not built for people who might upgrade what they buy.  I used a Surface for work for a couple of years, because I spent a shit ton of time on airplanes and it weighed in at just over a pound.  But ... I had 8GB of RAM and the most intensive software I used was MS Project so it was never really taxed.