Headnic789

Can i dispute collections accounts I have been paying through creditguard?

I've done everything so far per everyone's advice. Finished psychdoc seminars. Triaged reports. Opted out. Letting it take. Removing old personal info. Have a plan of attack. Wondering if some of the accounts I have been handling through creditguard will succumb to my interventions. 

I would think if you are paying on them, it will look like you agree with them.  Perhaps if there is something truly in error on your reports with them, they could inadvertently get deleted, or the error will be fixed.

is credit gaard some for-profit debt consolidation scam?

as far as disputing the tradelines, are they reporting open or closed? are they with card companies or others?

BTW, opting out does nothing to help with credit repair.

On 1/28/2019 at 12:50 PM, Headnic789 said:

I've done everything so far per everyone's advice. Finished psychdoc seminars. Triaged reports. Opted out. Letting it take. Removing old personal info. Have a plan of attack. Wondering if some of the accounts I have been handling through creditguard will succumb to my interventions. 

Is this the company?  https://www.creditguard.org/

9 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Hege - I think the OP's CreditGuard is one of those credit insurance schemes where if you're unemployed they pay your minimum payments.

Im a roofer in local 8 NYC union I made 90k and. I'm broke from trying to pay off debt. I'm just asking for help. 

12 hours ago, hegemony said:

is credit gaard some for-profit debt consolidation scam?

as far as disputing the tradelines, are they reporting open or closed? are they with card companies or others?

BTW, opting out does nothing to help with credit repair.

Just following the steps Greek Master. Credit repair 101

paying collections using a for-profit debt management company is now recommended by "credit repair 101?"

On 3/5/2019 at 8:14 PM, hegemony said:

paying collections using a for-profit debt management company is now recommended by "credit repair 101?"

Wow and I thought I was smart. I started doing that last year. Read the post frat boy. Anyway I'm bumping this If anyone can help me. Though further research it looks like I'm screwed on using the whychat method for my medical accounts but can I really dispute any of these accounts that I've been paying on? 

13 minutes ago, Headnic789 said:

Wow and I thought I was smart. I started doing that last year. Read the post frat boy. Anyway I'm bumping this If anyone can help me. Though further research it looks like I'm screwed on using the whychat method for my medical accounts but can I really dispute any of these accounts that I've been paying on? 

I hope you feel better soon.

in regard to disputing tradelines, you can dispute any tradeline you want for any reason. But since the account is assigned to a DMP that you contracted with it may be hard to get it removed since it will be pretty obvious an account allowed to report under the FCRA.

Are there accounts not under the DMP you can work on? That might be a better use of your time. Also, don't forget about the other half of credit repair.

good luck.

Yeah I got my wife to list me as an authorized user on two credit cards bumping me up 116 points to a 675 on experian and a 585 on TU. Which allowed me to get a credit card and Google pixel 3 in my name. I'm doing all this because I'm trying to buy a house. One of the accounts I've been paying for a year The balance has never changed and they said they won't report the change to the CRA only zero it out once its paid. Is that really legal? I just don't wanna screw up what I have setup with creditguard and not get anywhere trying to dispute things. Thank you!! 

+

for the account where you don't see the balance go down on your reports, do you have proof the DMP is actually paying each month?

good job on the AU accounts. You may want to look into a secured card too.

FWIW, I'm not sure you need the DMP and your credit will look like crap until the plan is completed.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:54 PM, Headnic789 said:

Well-- it certainly appears you have been caught up in a debt consolidation scheme with a "so called not for profit" credit repair organization.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/boca-raton/profile/debt-consolidation-services/creditguard-of-america-inc-0633-6481/complaints

I personally would advise you to QUIT your plan and STOP paying them anything. As long as the CAs are being paid ( if indeed they ARE being paid) it would be very difficult to get your reports cleaned up. 

You CAN try the HIPAA program on your medical accounts.

Get your EOMBs and see if all or any of the accounts are valid or if some are due to billing errors or services that WERE fully paid by your insurance. ( What was the date of the medical services?)

Start here;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Send the CRAs the initial dispute letter. List ALL medical accounts as they appear on the report you are disputing.

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

If you decide to take my advice, please cut and paste this and post it in the medical forum.

Edited by Why Chat

15 hours ago, Headnic789 said:

The balance has never changed and they said they won't report the change to the CRA only zero it out once its paid. Is that really legal? I just don't wanna screw up what I have setup with creditguard and not get anywhere trying to dispute things. Thank you!! 

+

Much depends on whether they are doing ANY reporting.  The law does not require them to update at any interval.  The requirement is that reporting must be accurate.  Thus, accurate reporting the account status at the time of the update satisfies the reporting requirement.  It would be different if they are updating monthly and the balance was not consistent with what your statement is showing...although going through weasels, err DMP means you likely are not even getting a statement. 

Use this as your lesson to NEVER again do business with a DMP.  They do more harm than good...

On 3/15/2019 at 11:17 AM, centex said:

Much depends on whether they are doing ANY reporting.  The law does not require them to update at any interval.  The requirement is that reporting must be accurate.  Thus, accurate reporting the account status at the time of the update satisfies the reporting requirement.  It would be different if they are updating monthly and the balance was not consistent with what your statement is showing...although going through weasels, err DMP means you likely are not even getting a statement. 

Use this as your lesson to NEVER again do business with a DMP.  They do more harm than good...

My credit report is updated constantly and the balance NEVER changes and I'm paying them monthly. 

6 minutes ago, Headnic789 said:

My credit report is updated constantly and the balance NEVER changes and I'm paying them monthly. 

that balance according to the creditor or the balance according to the DMP?

also, why would you think 1-2 punch is in order here.