Sign in to follow this  
LohaLonnie

Medical Bill Paid to OC - Still on Credit Report

Morning, 

I just have a quick question. I noticed on my credit reports a collection account that was paid to the Original Creditor a while back. I have a copy of my original check that was withdrawn from my account and wanted to call the OC for confirmation (in writing) of the withdraw. With this payment do I need to dispute through the WhyChat Method? 

Thanks in Advance! 

Edited by LohaLonnie

Yes, it is likely that your OC health care provider did NOT assign the account to the reporting CA and would therefore have absolutely no influence on getting it deleted. 

I noted that in other posts you have been applying for mortgage loans?? Unless you opt out BEFORE starting the loan process your reports are subject to "poisoning" by JDBs ( junk debt buyers) who obtain your account records from data miners.

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

Send any CRA where this ( or any) medical account is reporting this;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

from the HIPAA letter program

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

As to the check you paid to the OC "a while back" see if you can get a picture of the back of the check and look to see if it was paid to the OC or endorsed by a CA that the account MAY have been assigned to at the time. It is NOT likely that this is the same CAthat is now reporting.

Thank you WhyChat. I will follow the method :)

I will be applying for a mortage after this is removed, shooting for June or July this year or until this removed.

How long is the opt out process?

I opted out back in August 2016. 

9 hours ago, LohaLonnie said:

Thank you WhyChat. I will follow the method :)

I will be applying for a mortage after this is removed, shooting for June or July this year or until this removed.

How long is the opt out process?

I opted out back in August 2016. 

Opt out again. Your previous opt out was probably cancelled when you went to a CRA website or any 3rd party service such as Credit Karma.